Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2018, 05:38 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: How would you rank the QB's based on Spring Game?

How does Streeter, Scott, Elliot, and Dabo handle it now?
Old 04-16-2018, 07:32 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by URR29 View Post
How does Streeter, Scott, Elliot, and Dabo handle it now?
That is part of the big question. We do have some info on that coming in tonight's Insider
Old 04-16-2018, 10:58 AM
NFL Tiger

1 - TL
2 - HJ
3a - CB
3b - KB

IMO, TL is better and has more upside than HJ. HJ made some great throws and seems comfortable in the pocket, but TL seems more mobile and able to keep plays alive with his feet. And his release is wicked fast. That’s gonna come in handy when facing defenses like Bama in the playoff. I think either of these 2 guys could potentially lead us to a natty, but TL just seems to have a bit more edge and “it” factor in his game than HJ does. That’s just a gut feeling for me, but TL makes me feel like I did when DW4 was back there.

CB is a straight-up gunslinger and has some moxie. He’d start at almost any other school in the ACC, SEC, etc. The dude can play. He reminds me a little of Swag Kelly, except without the nasty attitude and not quite as athletic. But, I think he’d make too many frustrating mistakes to win the job here and KB2 is right there with him because although he still appears somewhat limited (or at least not confident) in the passing game, he adds a power run element that none of the other QBs possess. But, running has to be secondary if we’re gonna win it all this year. We’ve gotta be able to hit those 50-yard bombs and we need TL or HJ behind center to do that.

It’s gotta be natty or bust this year with this D we’ll be running out there. Those guys will be the best in the country. The QB needs to be able to match that intensity and my vote goes to TL.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:33 AM
Travel Team

I think TL gives us the best chance to beat Bama. That's what it all boils down to in my opinion. KB can get us back to the playoff I have little doubt, but I still do not believe he has the arm to get us past the tide. I'm not counting him out yet, Kelly thoroughly impressed me last year many times with his growth. Gotta improve the downfield passing though.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:45 AM
Tiger Starter

1- TL
2- HJ
3- CB
4- KB

Trevor has all the tools, and looked pretty comfortable on the field.
Hunter gets the two spot because of the fumble. It was just a bad handoff, which TL didn't have
Brice looked pretty good, and was able to move the ball but the 3 INTs hurt.
Kelly gets 4 because of 3 consecutive 3-and-outs where he looked absolutely atrocious. A lot of his passes were just awful throws.