Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2018, 09:22 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Do you think Lawrence will overtake Bryant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Kelly certainly did not handle the pressure well Saturday. And if you can't handle that pressure you will probably not handle the CFP pressure.
Watching on TV, KB appeared exactly the same as he did against AL in the CFP game. The performance was eerily similar - the AL D took the run away just as the no QB contact rule did. The downfield passes were the same - off target or non-existent. His demeanor was the same showing frustration and immense pressure. Against AL, the pressure and frustration was from the AL D. In the Spring game, the pressure was brought about from the QB competition and his performance.

Like Robert said, if you cannot handle pressure, regardless of the source, big time games against tough defenses will be a problem.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:46 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Born63 View Post
A friend and I were talking during the game and Kelly looked like he was reliving the sugar bowl. All his throws were high and long. He had 3 straight 3-and-outs. He did not look good at all.

There is a precedent though. Watson didn't even get to start the first game when Stoudt was here. Though Stoudt and Kelly are two very different players, the situation is similar.

The difference here is that DW4 broke his collar bone in the Spring and didnít compete in the Spring game. He healed up over the summer, but didnít quite have the chance to play and show what he could do quite as much as Lawrence has. The coaches knew what he was in the small sample size they had from Spring before his injury, but needed to see him in an actual game atmosphere before they were ready to make the switch.

I think Dabo has learned from this experience and will make this call sooner rather than later. Weíre not privy to the other 14 Spring practices, but on the big stage, Lawrence and Johnson shined much brighter than KB2. I would imagine that KB2 may have played better during practices, but TL and HJ have been surpassing him the last several practices. But, Daboís not going to show anyone his hand in April. He has months to keep this close to his vest.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:19 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Another difference is Dabo knows he has a team that can win it all this year.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:56 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post
The difference here is that DW4 broke his collar bone in the Spring and didnít compete in the Spring game. He healed up over the summer, but didnít quite have the chance to play and show what he could do quite as much as Lawrence has. The coaches knew what he was in the small sample size they had from Spring before his injury, but needed to see him in an actual game atmosphere before they were ready to make the switch.

I think Dabo has learned from this experience and will make this call sooner rather than later. Weíre not privy to the other 14 Spring practices, but on the big stage, Lawrence and Johnson shined much brighter than KB2. I would imagine that KB2 may have played better during practices, but TL and HJ have been surpassing him the last several practices. But, Daboís not going to show anyone his hand in April. He has months to keep this close to his vest.
This is true and I forgot to mention that. I do remember during the Georgia game that year thinking Watson was better, but it took 2 and a half more games before DW was given the keys