Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Walk On

Default Solution for Hill

Posted this on another thread, just my opinion. Thoughts? Dont kill me please.

Have 3000 available for first come first serve. An hour or two before the game, if all 3000 aren't given out, they go on sale to the general public. The rest of the student sections could be either first come or if a student wanted to guarantee a spot, they could not worry about waiting to see if they can get on the hill and go ahead and reserve a spot in those sections.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:38 PM
Walk On

Default Re: Solution for Hill

Same deal with student section, what's not been given out a certain time before kickoff opens up to anybody to buy.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:58 PM
NFL Tiger

While it may seem like fun to some people, I do not think I would want a ticket in the student section.

Also, if the tickets are not taken, there would probably be lots of better tickets for sale outside the gates.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:14 PM
Walk On

I can appreciate that. Think your die hard fans would already have tickets. This would be for people who are nervous about buying them from scampers and provide some revenue to the school.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:10 AM
Travel Team

I'm not in favor of any ticket distribution to students on game day itself. You'd have camping and other stuff to deal with, plus the line would interfere with tailgating near the stadium, and students wouldn't get to tailgate/eat as much.

I still think the best way to do it is to replicate the camping policy as best as possible:

1. Allow students to group together in groups of up to 10ish people to sit with friends. First person to get "in line" saves a spot for all in the group, but if anyone forgets to log in, then those that forgot to log in will not get a ticket with the group.

2. Get rid of general admission (with the exception of The Hill obviously). Having a physical ticket makes sure that you get a specific seat and in general prevents the "smoosh" towards the front rows that happens with general admission and makes the top rows look empty. It also allows students to tailgate prior to the game rather than having to sit and watch nothing for 1.5+ hours prior to kickoff.

3. Allow die-hard fans to reserve seats by attending a soccer game or something on campus (could even be some cultural awareness thing for all I care). A minimum of 1 half of the game must be attended, but you will be placed behind those that stay for the whole game (must scan in AND scan out). You still must log in prior to distribution to claim your saved spot in line, but this takes away the seemingly random race to see whose internet is fastest to connect to the server to get in line and gives priority to those who actually take the time to do something other than just log into a website. It also will improve attendance at other events on campus.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Walk On

Those are good ideas too.

I can see where my idea of passing out until a few hours before kickoff would be an issue. Maybe have the cut off at noon on Friday. Then the remainders are open to the general public and if a student wants them, they have to pay what everyone else does.

Last edited by Tigerfan1180; 10-12-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:02 PM
NFL Tiger

A guy I work with that is a UGA alum (graduated 7 or 8 years ago?) said that UGA student "tickets" are on their ID and if they reserve one and don't show, they don't get another one that season (that's how I understood it, at least).

I say Clemson needs to do the same thing. If a student reserves a hill ticket on their ID and either doesn't return it by 24 hours prior to kick, then they're not allowed to reserve another ticket the rest of the season. This would prevent a lot of no-shows, IMO.
Old 10-13-2017, 07:41 AM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post
A guy I work with that is a UGA alum (graduated 7 or 8 years ago?) said that UGA student "tickets" are on their ID and if they reserve one and don't show, they don't get another one that season (that's how I understood it, at least).

I say Clemson needs to do the same thing. If a student reserves a hill ticket on their ID and either doesn't return it by 24 hours prior to kick, then they're not allowed to reserve another ticket the rest of the season. This would prevent a lot of no-shows, IMO.
Yeah, I suspect the return policy that they just implemented here is not an automated process, so that's why you have to return them so early. I suspect something like that could be coded up and implemented in next year's system (or perhaps for basketball) so that returns and re-distribution can be automatically handled up to 24 hours prior to the game.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:08 AM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

The University has a new ticket procedure as of late yesterday afternoon. Students got an email.

As Coz said, "it isn't rocket science". Took a bunch of Alumni and IPTAY members complaining for the Admin/CUAD to step in and make it right/better. Hopefully you will see a drastic difference at GA Tech game.

In the future Clemson, don't try to reinvent the wheel for the love of God.

GO TIGERS
Old 10-13-2017, 10:27 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarb1991 View Post
The University has a new ticket procedure as of late yesterday afternoon. Students got an email.

As Coz said, "it isn't rocket science". Took a bunch of Alumni and IPTAY members complaining for the Admin/CUAD to step in and make it right/better. Hopefully you will see a drastic difference at GA Tech game.

In the future Clemson, don't try to reinvent the wheel for the love of God.

GO TIGERS
Hey Barb

Can you share with us what that new procedure is?

Thank you maam!
Old 10-13-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMITH2554 View Post
Hey Barb

Can you share with us what that new procedure is?

Thank you maam!
I don't know all of them, but concerning the Hill. 1) they will get wrist bands along with their CUID "ticket". Therefore no more issues like my daughter had not being let back onto the Hill or some being told they didn't have a Hill tickets when they did.

2) A pathway to allow them to get across to the North Side of Hill. They were holding students until the boys ran down the Hill. I understand they started holding them close to 15 minutes before kick...which is ridiculous.

Students are encouraged to get their earlier to help ease congestion and not just use Gate 1.

The ticketing process remains the same. I have a feeling that will be scraped next year and go back to the way it was.

GO Tigers
Old 10-13-2017, 01:54 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarb1991 View Post
I don't know all of them, but concerning the Hill. 1) they will get wrist bands along with their CUID "ticket". Therefore no more issues like my daughter had not being let back onto the Hill or some being told they didn't have a Hill tickets when they did.

2) A pathway to allow them to get across to the North Side of Hill. They were holding students until the boys ran down the Hill. I understand they started holding them close to 15 minutes before kick...which is ridiculous.

Students are encouraged to get their earlier to help ease congestion and not just use Gate 1.

The ticketing process remains the same. I have a feeling that will be scraped next year and go back to the way it was.

GO Tigers
Thank you kindly!

I am glad they are trying to fix it. Hopefully this will work ok, at least for now.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMITH2554 View Post
Thank you kindly!

I am glad they are trying to fix it. Hopefully this will work ok, at least for now.

You're welcome. Pardon my grammar error. I actually do know the difference between, there, their and they're.