Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2017, 02:44 PM
Tiger Starter

Default OT: Brandon Streeter's dad retiring after 42 years at Gettysburg

http://www.eveningsun.com/story/spor...son/751543001/

Quote:
For the first time since the Jimmy Carter administration, Gettysburg College is looking for a new head football coach.
Longtime Bullets head coach Barry Streeter is stepping down at the end of this season, the school said Tuesday. The longest-tenured head coach in NCAA Division III, Streeter has a 195-190-5 career record midway through his 39th season leading the team. He ranks 28th all-time and 10th among active coaches in wins in Division III.
"Gettysburg College has been so good to me and so supportive throughout my 42 years of coaching here, Streeter said in a news release. "I can say nothing but positive things about the school and the administration. Its been a great place to be its never really felt like work.
Quote:
A 1971 graduate of Lebanon Valley College, Streeter joined the Gettysburg College coaching staff as defensive coordinator in 1975. He was promoted to head coach three years later and has guided the Bullets to 16 winning seasons during his tenure, including eight in a row from 1980 to 1987.
Quote:
His son, Brandon Streeter, was a star quarterback at Gettysburg High School in the mid 1990s before becoming a starter at Clemson University. Brandon Streeter is currently the quarterbacks coach at Clemson and helped the Tigers win a Division I national championship last season.