Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2017, 06:36 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default More or less

Are you more confident about the season or less after two weeks of camp?
Old 08-12-2017, 11:51 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: More or less

Kinda in the middle to I see them play
Old 08-12-2017, 01:33 PM
NFL Tiger

More. We could win with any of the quarterbacks.

Defense is be awesome. Sounds like running backs are coming on strong.

The freshman seem to be making a good impression too.
Old 08-12-2017, 01:50 PM
Tiger Starter

Less. The longer we go with Bryant as the QB the less confident I am that we have a QB that can take us beyond a 9-3 season.
Old 08-12-2017, 02:03 PM
NFL Tiger

about the same. probably wont change one way or another til I see them play
Old 08-12-2017, 05:27 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015TigerAlum View Post
Less. The longer we go with Bryant as the QB the less confident I am that we have a QB that can take us beyond a 9-3 season.
We'll be fine with Bryant. One hand touch doesn't count as a tackle in real football as it was in todays scrimmage. With the running threat present it will create lots of open receivers to throw to
Old 08-12-2017, 05:54 PM
Ring of Honor

We've got to get something figured out at QB. Nothing the coaches have said inspire much confidence with Bryant. They speak to his leadership and commitment...I'd rather hear how much he's improved in the passing game. He couldn't beat out Schuessler last year for a backup role and had a ways to go throwing the ball.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:12 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
We'll be fine with Bryant. One hand touch doesn't count as a tackle in real football as it was in todays scrimmage. With the running threat present it will create lots of open receivers to throw to
Just saying it doesn't make it true. Bryant has at no point in his career shown he can throw the ball at the level it takes to be successful at this level. Until he shows it just saying he's going to be competent in the passing game isn't enough.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:22 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015TigerAlum View Post
Just saying it doesn't make it true. Bryant has at no point in his career shown he can throw the ball at the level it takes to be successful at this level. Until he shows it just saying he's going to be competent in the passing game isn't enough.
Well according to Dabo he had one of the best practices that Dabo has ever seen from a qb Friday. I think he has the talent. Obviously a situational scrimmage isn't going to show everything a qb can do. We need to see him in a game with the entire first team
Old 08-13-2017, 12:44 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jch81 View Post
Well according to Dabo he had one of the best practices that Dabo has ever seen from a qb Friday. I think he has the talent. Obviously a situational scrimmage isn't going to show everything a qb can do. We need to see him in a game with the entire first team
Yeah and according to Dabo in 2014 Cole Stoudt was consistently outperforming Deshaun in practice. I don't really care what Dabo says about QB practices.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:33 AM
Two Deep

As we know from 2014, Coach Swinney prefers knowledge of the system over raw talent or less game experience. It's a calculated risk that worked against SC State. However, the flip side is a QB throwing a ball at the feet of a wide open receiver in the endzone. We should not forget one big thing that is different this time around, Coaches Elliott and Scott. They do a better job of meshing the gameplan with the players skillsets. Go back and look at the stretch of games Stoudt started after Deshaun injured his hand. Not good production, but I think our coaches now will do a better job of utilizing Bryant with his running ability. Would not be surprised to see Johnson or Cooper brought in for significant playing time in first few games. By October Bryant wins the starting job else one of the other two takes over.

The above situation is why I could see us at 4-1 or 2-3 after the VTech game. It all depends on the how well the staff prepares the offense with what they have to work with.