Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2017, 09:52 AM
TCI Staff

Default Morris given credit

Old 12-06-2017, 10:16 AM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: Morris given credit

well he was part of it. I don't know where we would be without him BUT I'm not sure we are where we are now if he were still here.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Travel Team

Morris was instrumental at Clemson. I wish him all the success in the world at Arkansas. I'm happy with where we are now(captain obvious I know) but that 2011 offense where we exploded on the scene was one of my favorite years. Beating Auburn that year was the start of something special.
Old 12-06-2017, 10:39 AM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Morris given credit

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX Tiger View Post
well he was part of it. I don't know where we would be without him BUT I'm not sure we are where we are now if he were still here.
+1
Old 12-06-2017, 11:52 AM
Ring of Honor

I think this is a very good hire. It will be interesting to see who joins him. Razorback fans swear that he is going to get Venables to join him in Fayetteville.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

One of the keys. Not the key
Old 12-06-2017, 02:02 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarb1991 View Post
Good choice of words and very appropriate.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:55 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarb1991 View Post
Exactly. He introduced Tiger Nation to the up-tempo, hurry up, no huddle offense we've all come to love. He did a good job while he was here and was able to pass along what he knew to Scelliott.

But, I'm not 100% sure that we sit where we do today if he were still here. He's an offensive genius, that's a fact. But his in-game play calling & adjusting left a little to be desired, IMO. I think that is the area where Scelliott have proven to be better. Those guys adjust and aren't glued to a script like CCM seemed to be. I wish him the best of luck, but I don't think he deserves as much credit as he's getting with this tweet.

IMO, BV and Scelliott deserve more credit and the most credit should go to Dabo for having the vision and putting together such an awesome team of coaches and players.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:04 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post
Exactly. He introduced Tiger Nation to the up-tempo, hurry up, no huddle offense we've all come to love. He did a good job while he was here and was able to pass along what he knew to Scelliott.

But, I'm not 100% sure that we sit where we do today if he were still here. He's an offensive genius, that's a fact. But his in-game play calling & adjusting left a little to be desired, IMO. I think that is the area where Scelliott have proven to be better. Those guys adjust and aren't glued to a script like CCM seemed to be. I wish him the best of luck, but I don't think he deserves as much credit as he's getting with this tweet.

IMO, BV and Scelliott deserve more credit and the most credit should go to Dabo for having the vision and putting together such an awesome team of coaches and players.

I give Morris credit and have no ill will toward him, but a lot of what you said is true. The phrase “do what we do” still makes me cringe when you think about some things of our losses that maybe wouldn’t have been had he been willing to adjust mid game.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:13 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcu91 View Post
I give Morris credit and have no ill will toward him, but a lot of what you said is true. The phrase “do what we do” still makes me cringe when you think about some things of our losses that maybe wouldn’t have been had he been willing to adjust mid game.
I have no ill will either. I think he's a great guy and I liked him while he was here. But I can't help but also think about the last UGA game where we just kept doing the same things over and over and had 3 & out after 3 & out (doing what we do, as you pointed out). And then there's the SCar games that we lost while he was here... the "cute" plays that bit us time and again. Those were games we should have won - the UGA and SCar games.
Old 12-06-2017, 03:39 PM
Tiger Starter

I as a fan will forever be grateful to Coach Morris for what he brought to Clemson during his time, but am also mindful that without Dabo's vision and ability to adapt/blend/bring together people and ideas, none of this brings us to a National Championship. Coach Morris was a piece of that puzzle, not the reason the puzzle was put together.
--Daughters, they can climb trees, fish, and shoot guns just as good as any boy, sometimes better. Plus they can have the boy clean the fish, buy the bullets when they go out, and then the Father gets to eat. Daughters are great. --
Old 12-06-2017, 04:50 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Quote:

Totally agree!!!! I wish Coach all the best at Arky. I bet he does well albeit he will be competing in The West. Can you imagine what his offense would have done in the East had he gone to UT?!?
Old 12-06-2017, 09:53 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
I have no ill will either. I think he's a great guy and I liked him while he was here. But I can't help but also think about the last UGA game where we just kept doing the same things over and over and had 3 & out after 3 & out (doing what we do, as you pointed out). And then there's the SCar games that we lost while he was here... the "cute" plays that bit us time and again. Those were games we should have won - the UGA and SCar games.
The ‘13 South Carolina game is the first one that specifically comes to my mind. We were doing a good job running the ball that game but he just would not stick with it. I remember we had a TD drive were we basically exclusively ran the ball and scored a td, but of course we didn’t stick with it. I remember after the game hearing a clip where one of the gamecock radio announcers said during the drive that he was worried because he thought Clemson could run the ball. Remember him killing the 1st drive of that game too when we were moving the ball & he decided to call a WR pass play that got intercepted.

But anyways, past is the past now & I wish him the best. I think Clemson fans are more than happy with where we are now.