Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2018, 01:53 AM
Ring of Honor

Post Herbstreit: Donít Sleep on Clemson

On College Football Playoff: Top 25 tonight the question was posed could there be three power five conferences left out of the playoff? Joey, David, and Jesse all said they could see 2 SEC or BIG 10 teams plus ND. At that point Herbie stepped in and said they better not sleep on the Tigers. He thinks the KB situation and injury to TL have made people overlook the Tigers.
Old 10-10-2018, 10:01 AM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: Herbstreit: Donít Sleep on Clemson

No way in hell the B1G gets 2 teams in, sh!te, they'll be lucky to get 1 in after tOSU gets exposed. If ND gets in, the 2nd SEC team will be outside looking in. If ND goes undefeated they WILL be IN. I can't believe the B1G hype is still alive, but then, I'm kinda slow being from the south and all...
Old 10-10-2018, 11:01 AM
Travel Team

As two teams from the SEC and BIG getting into the playoffs, as Melamb13 didn't quit get it said, that is a bunch of outdoor toliets that need covering up. I couldn't say it either. Shit. LOL

My opinion on last year when Alabama and Georgia both got into the playoffs after Ga. had beaten Auburn in the SEC championship. Auburn had beaten Alabama prior. Neither Auburn or Alabama should have been in the playoffs. The CFP Committee is going the way of listening to and adhering to the SEC spiel from ESPN. NO Conference should send TWO TEAMS to the playoffs. With at least six teams that qualify in wins and losses each year, surely the Committee could find four teams without taking two from the same conference.
My Two Cents!
Old 10-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Two Deep

If OSU had not gotten blown out by Iowa last year they would have been in instead of bama committee had no choice to put bama in. 2 teams from the same conference getting in will be a rare occasion last year just happened to be that occasion
Old 10-10-2018, 12:42 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Herbstreit: Donít Sleep on Clemson

Clarification: Either two SEC or two BIG 10 schools plus ND.

1- Big 10, Big 10, SEC, and ND
Or
2- SEC, SEC, Big 10, and ND

No ACC
Old 10-10-2018, 01:32 PM
Travel Team

Tiger80 if the Committee chooses the way you have broken down, I will be one P.O. Tiger Fan if Clemson goes unbeaten through their Championship game.

I don't know if this is what was being proposed by ESPN or your own chart but the bias from ESPN is overwhelming.
Old 10-10-2018, 02:31 PM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by melamb13 View Post
No way in hell the B1G gets 2 teams in, sh!te, they'll be lucky to get 1 in after tOSU gets exposed. If ND gets in, the 2nd SEC team will be outside looking in. If ND goes undefeated they WILL be IN. I can't believe the B1G hype is still alive, but then, I'm kinda slow being from the south and all...
If Clemson is 13-0, Alabama is 13-0, Ohio State is 13-0 and Notre Dame is 12-0, I think the Irish will get in. However, if Notre Dame drops one, then I can see a scenario where 12-1 Georgia will get in over 11-1 Notre Dame.

But, I don't think Notre Dame or Ohio State will go undefeated. I know the schedules for both look like they will, but I just have this feeling they both will have one loss when it is all said and done.

Plus, we all want Notre Dame to finish as the No. 5 team because that might force them to finally join the ACC as a full-time member in football. You know those Notre Dame administrators will be pissed if a 12-1 Ohio State and/or 12-1 Georgia get in after the Irish go 11-1. It will prove to them that they need to be in a conference championship game so they can be compared equally with the rest of the pool.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:38 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
If Clemson is 13-0, Alabama is 13-0, Ohio State is 13-0 and Notre Dame is 12-0, I think the Irish will get in. However, if Notre Dame drops one, then I can see a scenario where 12-1 Georgia will get in over 11-1 Notre Dame.

But, I don't think Notre Dame or Ohio State will go undefeated. I know the schedules for both look like they will, but I just have this feeling they both will have one loss when it is all said and done.

Plus, we all want Notre Dame to finish as the No. 5 team because that might force them to finally join the ACC as a full-time member in football. You know those Notre Dame administrators will be pissed if a 12-1 Ohio State and/or 12-1 Georgia get in after the Irish go 11-1. It will prove to them that they need to be in a conference championship game so they can be compared equally with the rest of the pool.
No way a 12-1 UGay gets in over an 11-1 Domer team, NO WAY! That would mean UGay lost to bammer in the SECCG. NO WAY! Sorry...

Edit note: I want what you want to happen, but those arrogant Catholics will never admit that they need a conference, because they print their own money! And I'm not talking about NBC, they have more money than we can comprehend! Religion is one of the richest organization out there, and they have a monopoly on that market!

Last edited by melamb13; 10-10-2018 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Notre Dame is arrogant!
Old 10-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Herbstreit: Donít Sleep on Clemson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerPoss View Post
Tiger80 if the Committee chooses the way you have broken down, I will be one P.O. Tiger Fan if Clemson goes unbeaten through their Championship game.

I don't know if this is what was being proposed by ESPN or your own chart but the bias from ESPN is overwhelming.
After all of that discussion they clarified that they were proposing this scenario based on Clemson losing a game.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger80 View Post
After all of that discussion they clarified that they were proposing this scenario based on Clemson losing a game.
Yeah, ain't that some BS!!!
Wiscy beats Meechegan, Meechegan beats tOSU, the B1G goes into meltdown!!!
Old 10-11-2018, 04:43 PM
TCI Staff

Herbstreit seems to be one of the few national talking heads that isn't sleeping on the Tigers. It's crazy they're being overlooked by a lot considering how much hype there was around Clemson in the preseason. This team is still as good, talented and deep as everyone thought they'd be coming in.