Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > All Welcome > Joe's Place
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2015, 01:41 PM
TCI Staff

Default Gotham

Who in here watches it? That is the best show on television. I know I am a big Batman geek, but that show is pretty darn awesome and I think it can run for years.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:39 PM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default Re: Gotham

Yes you are ( a batman geek)
Old 03-03-2015, 10:49 PM
Ring of Honor

Not to start an argument but The Walking Dead is the best show on TV.

*Fun fact penguin on Gotham was in two episodes of TWD. He had a rough go of it tho his gf got ate in one, & then he got his throat slit in the other one. Was a little gory.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:18 AM
TCI Staff

He has had a rough go of it so far in Gotham but he keeps finding a way to survive.
Old 03-10-2015, 12:59 PM
NFL Tiger

I watch Gotham. It's good. I hope it sticks around long enough for Bruce Wayne to grow up and become Batman, but they probably won't ever let that happen.

It was the same in Smallville, too. I always wished they would've either progressed sooner or went another season so there could be episodes with Clark as Superman.

I do agree that TWD is the best show on TV, though. I'll have to go back and see if I can find penguin. Was that in the 1st season?

But, if you have Netflix, House of Cards may beat them all... it's good! And, you'll see some South Carolina shots in it from time to time.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:05 PM
Ring of Honor

Gotham is a good show but for me it has more to do with characters than dialogue or plot things.

Penguin and Fish Mooney are excellent characters played very well by the two actors. I see social media gossip that they may kill off Mooney. Too bad.....
Old 03-10-2015, 01:40 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerNE View Post
Gotham is a good show but for me it has more to do with characters than dialogue or plot things.

Penguin and Fish Mooney are excellent characters played very well by the two actors. I see social media gossip that they may kill off Mooney. Too bad.....
Jada is quitting, so I'm betting kill off. Btw, if you haven't been watching "The Flash" you need to. There will be several crossover characters coming from all CW DC shows. Plus "The Flash" is a really well written, as was the first season of "The Arrow".
--Daughters, they can climb trees, fish, and shoot guns just as good as any boy, sometimes better. Plus they can have the boy clean the fish, buy the bullets when they go out, and then the Father gets to eat. Daughters are great. --

Last edited by drinkoj; 03-10-2015 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-10-2015, 02:18 PM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Can't say I have ever watched this as I have not been a big comic book fan like Will
Old 03-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post
I watch Gotham. It's good. I hope it sticks around long enough for Bruce Wayne to grow up and become Batman, but they probably won't ever let that happen.

It was the same in Smallville, too. I always wished they would've either progressed sooner or went another season so there could be episodes with Clark as Superman.

I do agree that TWD is the best show on TV, though. I'll have to go back and see if I can find penguin. Was that in the 1st season?

But, if you have Netflix, House of Cards may beat them all... it's good! And, you'll see some South Carolina shots in it from time to time.

His first appearance was in season 4 & the title of the episode is "Indifference", & his 2nd appearance (& last) was the premiere of season 5 called "No Sanctuary".

He's blonde & goes by Sam in TWD.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:26 PM
Walk On

Gotham is a good show. The character development is done well, and I look forward to each new episode. The Walking Dead is a step ahead of Gotham in my book. Over the years it has been good, this season has been great. Putting Carol in that silly sweater and having her act like Mrs. Cleaver is priceless.

Best show ever.... LOST.

Hate on!

Bang.
Old 03-10-2015, 03:53 PM
TCI Staff

I think Gotham will continue to grow and get even better as the show progress. They are just now introducing all the bad guys so I think it can only get better as time goes on as long as they do it right.

I have talked with other Batman fans that have said the same thing about Smallville and compared it to that one. I never watched that show so I can't say anything in that regard, but you hope they have been given enough feed back to where people want to see Bruce Wayne grow into Batman. I hope they advance it 10 years or so in the next couple of seasons and then set it up where Batman starts terrorizing the mob.

As for Fish, I hope that is not true. She isn't an original villain and was made up by Gotham's producers, but she has been pretty good so I hope they let her story go on a little longer.
Old 03-10-2015, 04:00 PM
TCI Staff

Yep Jada is leaving.

She said, "I signed for a year and the year is up" and "I did my year and I had a good time."

She went on to say in an article that Fish would not give up without a fight and said there is a potential shocker surrounding her character's departure.
Old 03-11-2015, 06:15 AM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcu91 View Post

*Fun fact penguin on Gotham was in two episodes of TWD. He had a rough go of it tho his gf got ate in one, & then he got his throat slit in the other one. Was a little gory.
+1
Old 03-11-2015, 09:17 AM
The Gambler - Charter Member - Clemson Insider - Gate Veteran

Quote:

both wrong, the best show on TV is Archer
Old 03-11-2015, 11:29 AM
Ring of Honor

For what it's worth, I'm starting to really like Better Call Saul. I was a fan of Breaking Bad and this is a decent attempt to do a prequel show so far.

I'd put it ahead of Walking Dead in my book.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:40 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
His first appearance was in season 4 & the title of the episode is "Indifference", & his 2nd appearance (& last) was the premiere of season 5 called "No Sanctuary".

He's blonde & goes by Sam in TWD.
Thanks! I think I remember those episodes. I'll go to Netflix and check it out.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:45 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
I think Gotham will continue to grow and get even better as the show progress. They are just now introducing all the bad guys so I think it can only get better as time goes on as long as they do it right.

I have talked with other Batman fans that have said the same thing about Smallville and compared it to that one. I never watched that show so I can't say anything in that regard, but you hope they have been given enough feed back to where people want to see Bruce Wayne grow into Batman. I hope they advance it 10 years or so in the next couple of seasons and then set it up where Batman starts terrorizing the mob.

Smallville was good... it could be a little cheesy, to the likes of other WB high school shows. But, I like Superman and it was entertaining.

I've been hoping the same thing about the whole fast-forward thing. I hope Bruce is about 14-15 next season and we start to see the evolution towards becoming a man. Then, in season 3, he can become a man and don the black mask & suit by the end of the season so that season 4 we're full-on Batman.

Did you see that Netflix has made DareDevil and it comes out this month? They've struck a deal with Marvel/Disney... http://screenrant.com/marvel-netflix...jessica-jones/
Old 03-13-2015, 10:41 AM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post
Smallville was good... it could be a little cheesy, to the likes of other WB high school shows. But, I like Superman and it was entertaining.

I've been hoping the same thing about the whole fast-forward thing. I hope Bruce is about 14-15 next season and we start to see the evolution towards becoming a man. Then, in season 3, he can become a man and don the black mask & suit by the end of the season so that season 4 we're full-on Batman.

Did you see that Netflix has made DareDevil and it comes out this month? They've struck a deal with Marvel/Disney... http://screenrant.com/marvel-netflix...jessica-jones/
I did not see that. That should be fun.

I like you idea about Batman. That would be cool to do it that way.