Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2017, 09:12 PM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default Sammy Watkins worried about play on field, not contracts

Sammy spoke before LA's game

“I was just trying to come on the field and have a Pro Bowl year, try to put up the numbers that I needed to help the team win. But I’m not focused on contracts or whatever like that. I feel like if I go on the field, play like I should, I’ll get what I deserve. I’ve got to handle my business and control what I can control and that’s my play on the field. If I go out there and have a year that I’m expecting to have, then we can talk contract. But I’ve still got to go out here and do my job, and let those guys handle paperwork, contracts, numbers.”
Old 08-13-2017, 08:58 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Sammy Watkins worried about play on field, not contracts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Sammy spoke before LA's game

ďI was just trying to come on the field and have a Pro Bowl year, try to put up the numbers that I needed to help the team win. But Iím not focused on contracts or whatever like that. I feel like if I go on the field, play like I should, Iíll get what I deserve. Iíve got to handle my business and control what I can control and thatís my play on the field. If I go out there and have a year that Iím expecting to have, then we can talk contract. But Iíve still got to go out here and do my job, and let those guys handle paperwork, contracts, numbers.Ē
Man that statement just reinforces that these guys take what Dabo teaches them well after college. I have noticed that with current and former players under Coach Swinney. All are just very grounded young men. You know a lot of coaches try and preach that they only want whats best for the player yet very few have the proof in the pudding like Dabo.