Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2017, 09:58 AM
TCI Staff

Default Trouble brewing for Florida football program

Old 08-13-2017, 10:19 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Trouble brewing for Florida football program

Huh thats something to keep an eye on. You know I know people get tired a Clemson fans getting on their soapbox screaming how great Dabo is and how he does everything by the book but you know we should be proud of a coach that does things by the rule of the law. Its nice to have a coach that has integrity, discipline and faith that he lives by. Other teams fans can scream all they want that Dabo is fake but you know if someone is fake you usually find out before year 9 ie: Hugh Freeze. I'm sorry but its easy to see the coaches that are just in it for the record and stature. Whats funny is these situations like with Hugh Freeze that takes over at a university that hasn't won anything in decades then he all of a sudden pulling in top 10 and top 5 classes. You can tell. I hate to tell Georgia fans but I don't think Smart is on the up and up. I am sorry but when you put out you are going to pay out this amount in stipends then a week later you put out a correction that is thousands of dollars more that puts you in the top percentage of schools giving out the most then I have a problem with that. You can actually go year by year and see the progression Clemson has taken under Dabo. Dabo wasn't hired one year and the next he was bringing in top 10 classes. You can actually see the talent gradually increase with each winning season. I know we crack on Muschamp but I believe he does it the right way as well. You know he is use to bringing in top notch talent and not the 2 and 3 stars he is getting at South Carolina but you know that is what he is getting and he isn't all of a sudden bringing in 4 and 5 stars. Every once and a while I go through recruiting ranking of past years and its usually easy to see where there may be something going on. I will get off my soapbox now but it is nice to know that we have a coach that does it the right way but demands it be done the right way. Don't get me wrong not saying Dabo or Clemson is perfect but there is a difference in a mistake and blatantly trying to break rules.