Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2018, 07:31 PM
TCI Staff

Default Kelly Bryant

Are you pulling for him or do you want to see one of the other two guys win the job?

Would love to hear your honest opinions. Thanks!
Old 02-10-2018, 08:40 PM
Travel Team

Default Re: Kelly Bryant

I believe in KB, but I donít think he is a professional qb. Therefore, I would like to see him play a position that may get him drafted. CDS said last year that he is too good to not play! If he did not win the qb job They would find a position for him.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:58 PM
Alumni

Honest opinion: I like Kelly and appreciate the way he plays and represents Clemson. Having said that, I really don't care which of the four guys is our QB. I have complete trust in our staff to run the guy out there who gives my Tigers the best chance to win.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:22 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFB88 View Post
I believe in KB, but I donít think he is a professional qb. Therefore, I would like to see him play a position that may get him drafted. CDS said last year that he is too good to not play! If he did not win the qb job They would find a position for him.
^ This. I want KB to succeed at the next level if thatís what heís aiming for. I donít believe that can be at QB. I also want a powerful offense that can succeed downfield field like we had with Watson and Boyd. Last year the offense was balanced, but it was needed to keep the chains moving. Let the 4 QBs compete and hopefully the one who performs the best wins the starting job.
Old 02-10-2018, 10:59 PM
Travel Team

I love what KB did for the team but i think we have seen his ceiling. For this offense to truly operate to it's potential there has to be a a consistent threat of
a down field passing game. I think our offense would/will look very, very similar to the one we saw in 2016 with either HJ or TL.
Old 02-11-2018, 07:58 AM
Way2tall

Honestly, all of the above, but I couldn't stand having TL standing on the sideline and not see what he could do with this offense. Our WRs could totally pop with his arm and his talent.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 God has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart. That's why we seek it.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:07 AM
Travel Team

KB played great the second half of the season, the Bama game wasn't all his fault, the receivers dropping passes, no running game, and the pass protection was horrible. Hopefully he continues to improve. I think KB being a senior with experience is our best option this year. Next year will be TL and HJs time.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:21 AM
Two Deep

I look forward to another year of KB. The offense should be a little more settled in with a lot of pieces that developed last year. KB improved as the year went on. He played phenomenally year 1 and he will only get better in year 2.
Old 02-11-2018, 12:26 PM
Travel Team

All people are taking about is the new 5 stars from the past two recruiting cycles but Kelly is going to surprise everyone. He was better than i thought he was going be last year. He will improve this coming year as well as all of the pieces in the offense around him. He will be fun to watch in this offense this year.
Old 02-11-2018, 08:09 PM
Scholarship Player

To say KB played amazing last year is a bit of a stretch. He threw for 13 TD's and 8 int's last year. He had one game where he threw for more than 2 TD's and that was against the Citadel. Sure our receivers did drop a few balls, but how many would be TD's got turned into jump balls by KB? He struggled to throw passes to the flat. Our receivers would look better with a better passer. Look at the 49ers and Texans for example this year. If KB is our starter again this year expect the same result as we got against Alabama when we play a team with equal talent.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:07 AM
Travel Team

I think Kelly Bryant played much better than ANY of us thought he would and he has earned the right to go into spring as the starter. If TL is as good as everyone says and can live up to his press clippings....play him. However, it can not be overlooked that KB has the locker room and has the full support of his teammates. If KB is not the starter, it better be obvious that the other guy is that much better.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 AM
Tiger Starter

No doubt he did better than I expected. The question is will he make a jump to another level. The good news is we should have a fierce competition this spring which benefits the team. If KB continues to improve and beats out the other guys then Iíll be happy.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:22 PM
Tiger Starter

I don't care what name is on the back of the jersey of the QB as long as it's the player that gives us the best chance to win.
Old 02-12-2018, 04:22 PM
Tiger Starter

I feel confident in saying that KB outperformed everyone's expectations. I don't think there is even a question about that but is he the guy to push this offense to the next level? Yes there were drops but there were also drops when Watson was the QB. Yes the Bama game wasn't all KB's fault but when Bama doesn't have to respect the downfield passing game the run blocking, pass protection and rushing are all going to suffer and suffer they did. I think with a better passing game this team would have been nearly impossible to stop. I am not saying KB shouldn't start but I am saying Clemson has got to get more production from the passing game without a doubt. There has to be more than 13 passing TD's or why are we recruiting these studs at WR. Idc if the QB just takes the snap and throws it up, Clemson has got to get the ball downfield. Yes it isn't going to matter against the Wake's, BC's and the GT's but if you think you are going to win a game against Bama, Georgia, Ohio State or another elite team with the passing game we showed last season during large portions of the season the we all have another thing coming. Basically I want to use all the weapons this coaching staff has recruited over the years and if KB is the guy to utilize those weapons then so be it but if not then something has to change because this program is at a point that just getting to a Playoff game isn't good enough, its about winning National Championships now. I know that sounds weird but after a National title and 2 National title game appearances and 3 straight Playoff appearances I think the expectation of national championships is where this team is right now and hopefully for a while longer.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:37 PM
Travel Team

I want whoever gives us the best chance to win!!
Old 02-12-2018, 10:39 PM
Scholarship Player

I can remember the Fla St game. We're up 14-0 at the 1 yard line and we run a RPO and KB keeps it when he should of handed it off and fumbles. Luckily 4 Fla St players couldn't get it and we kick a FG. Later we're up 17-14 and at the 39 yard line in our own territory and KB runs up the middle and fumbles on contact and Fla St recovers. We were in danger of losing that game. Luckily our defense intercepts the pass on the very next play. ET and Choice each score 1 rushing TD later that game to put it away. If we would have lost that game and didn't make the playoffs I wonder how KB would be viewed? My point is yes he was the starting QB but to say he led us to victory is not the case. 20-30 for 151 and 1 rushing TD. Yes he performed better than I expected last year, but to say we got good quality play from the QB position is not true. Sometimes you win in spite of and not because of.