Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Scholarship Player

Default Love winning but....

I'm hating how terrible ACC football is this year. The league needs to step up in a big way!!!!
Old 11-09-2018, 06:47 AM
TCI Staff

Default Re: Love winning but....

Yeah, that was not a good loss for Clemson resume last night for sure.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:51 AM
NFL Tiger

It gets old all of the whining about conferences. All of the conferences play poor football week in and out. Each year, a couple of teams are better then everyone else, a few are also rans and then the rest are mediocre.

Clemson fans should revel in the realization that the Tigers are one of the elite teams that transcends conference affiliation. The sec is full of teams that are not very good because they are poor on one side of the football or other. Same as the Big 12 where defense is an afterthought.

Don't buy into the cootish mindset that my brother can beat your brother so that makes my ass whipping from you not hurt as bad.
Old 11-09-2018, 08:29 AM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynolds View Post
It gets old all of the whining about conferences. All of the conferences play poor football week in and out. Each year, a couple of teams are better then everyone else, a few are also rans and then the rest are mediocre.

Clemson fans should revel in the realization that the Tigers are one of the elite teams that transcends conference affiliation. The sec is full of teams that are not very good because they are poor on one side of the football or other. Same as the Big 12 where defense is an afterthought.

Don't buy into the cootish mindset that my brother can beat your brother so that makes my ass whipping from you not hurt as bad.
Hahaha! That's perfect!
Old 11-09-2018, 10:05 AM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynolds View Post

I agree 100%. Could care less about the rest of the league.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:07 AM
Travel Team

Its usually the bottom dwellers that pull the conference card. Dont hear Bama saying "SEC, SEC", they could care less as well.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:27 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerfan1180 View Post
Its usually the bottom dwellers that pull the conference card. Dont hear Bama saying "SEC, SEC", they could care less as well.

You are correct, but Saban, in the past, would use the “we play a tough schedule every year because of how great the SEC is” to excuse a loss or reason his team should be held in a higher regard than a top team in another conference like FSU, Clemson or Ohio St, even if they have the same record at the end of the year.

That’s changed now. The SEC is complete crap, after you get past the top 3 or so (Bama, UGA, LSU). LSU & UGA, to me, are probably a little better than the next in line in the ACC (BC, Cuse), but those 2 ACC teams would give LSU & UGA tough outs, maybe even win 2-5 of those games. So, I don’t even hear Saban play the SEC much at all any more. He knows he’s gotta win the conference for a shot at another evenly matched opponent from another conference, like Clemson.