Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2018, 08:31 PM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default Some truth to this

Old 06-14-2018, 10:33 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Some truth to this

It's going to be crazy. I don't like it one bit.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:10 PM
MR Perfidity - Clemson Insider

They will arrive at their second school and discover they are No. 3 on the depth chart, make another move and then another until they finally arrive at Old PU and dwell in obscurity. This new rule is going to put a premium on recruiting those prospects who remain loyal to the school.

Allowing players to play in as many as four games without losing one year of eligibility is an excellent move. Actual game experience is a much better teacher than playing on the scout team.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:49 PM
Tiger Starter

Amen, Joe. I think the redshirt rule chagne was a smart move and a side effect could very well be to make players aware of how good they actually are.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:28 AM
TCI Staff

I think it is going to be the opposite guys. It will be a lot like college basketball is now.

Everyone thinks they are the best and no one can beat them. You know why? Because we as a society never let these kids fail at a young age. They do not know how to handle failure and adversity.

We talk them up so much, when in reality we need to break them down and let them deal with failure more. That is the only way we will get better in everything that we do.

I'm sure most of you on this board have failed at something or had something happen to you and you had to learn how to deal with it and get back up and move on with life. Failing at a few things when you were younger more than likely helped condition you on how to react.

Young people in today's world are not given these kinds of opportunities when they are kids so when it happens in real life, as adults, they do not know how to handle it. So they pitch a fit, if you will, and run from the first sign of adversity.
Old 06-16-2018, 10:09 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
I think it is going to be the opposite guys. It will be a lot like college basketball is now.

Everyone thinks they are the best and no one can beat them. You know why? Because we as a society never let these kids fail at a young age. They do not know how to handle failure and adversity.

We talk them up so much, when in reality we need to break them down and let them deal with failure more. That is the only way we will get better in everything that we do.

I'm sure most of you on this board have failed at something or had something happen to you and you had to learn how to deal with it and get back up and move on with life. Failing at a few things when you were younger more than likely helped condition you on how to react.

Young people in today's world are not given these kinds of opportunities when they are kids so when it happens in real life, as adults, they do not know how to handle it. So they pitch a fit, if you will, and run from the first sign of adversity.
+1