Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default What's your favorite sports memory with your father?

Or favorite sports memory with one of your parents?
Old 06-18-2017, 11:01 AM
TCI Staff

Default Re: What's your favorite sports memory with your father?

So many to choose from, but I would have to say my favorite is when my dad and I went to the new Yankee Stadium in 2010. We were lucky enough to get a foul ball, which was cool. He grew up a Yankees fan and passed it on to me, so that was a great experience to share.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Ring of Honor

1985 Darlington, The Southern 500, Million Dollar Bill Elliott won, holding off Cale Yarborough. Oh and Dale Earnhardt crashed into the wall right in front of us, it was a great day!
Old 06-18-2017, 12:58 PM
Ring of Honor

My dad(and mom)surprising me by showing up to my first collegiate game as a starter. It was a midweek game at Wake Forest, so I wasn't expecting him to be able to make it because of work obligations. To this day the look of pride my father had will never leave my memory.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:20 PM
Two Deep

Sitting beside him in the Orange Bowl in Miami when Clemson won its first National Championship by beating Nebraska....I'm a die hard Tiger fan because of the love my dad had for the Tigers....I just wished he had lived long enough to see them win it again and for him to watch Coach Dabo give the speech he did at the White House.....He was a Clemson man thru and thru....Miss my Dad....
Old 06-19-2017, 08:58 AM
Tiger Starter

When I was a junior in high school, I had to play 1 game of JV football because of injuries, and it was all the way out at Boiling Springs (I went to Wren) but dad made the trip. I played pretty good that night, had a couple sacks and some big tackles behind the line. It was the only time in my high school career I played the entire game sadly, but my dad was so proud of me. It's something I'll never forget.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:51 AM
Scholarship Player

One I'll never forget is my dad getting ejected from one of my high school baseball games before he ever even made it to the bleacher. He showed up late to the game, and was unaware that the ump had already ejected one of our players, a coach, and warned the crowd for arguing his horrible strike zone. Of course the first pitch my dad sees is a called strike that is at least a foot off the plate. It took a bit for him to realize the ump had tossed him out. He had to watch the rest of the game from the parking lot, but we had a memory to laugh about for years afterwards.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:07 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunner07 View Post
Sitting beside him in the Orange Bowl in Miami when Clemson won its first National Championship by beating Nebraska....I'm a die hard Tiger fan because of the love my dad had for the Tigers....I just wished he had lived long enough to see them win it again and for him to watch Coach Dabo give the speech he did at the White House.....He was a Clemson man thru and thru....Miss my Dad....
I am with you. My dad took our family to the 81 OB as well. Although he was alive for this year's game he had Alzheimers and didn't have a clue. He has now passed and I miss my dad also.

Here's to our dad's passing down the love for CU...