Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2017, 07:45 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default Making the Grade: Clemson 35 Alabama 31

Article
Old 01-11-2017, 08:12 AM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Making the Grade: Clemson 35 Alabama 31

Win or not some of the grades were too high (let me add - in my opinion). For example the O-line was whipped in the first half and early second half. Some of it was physical and done of it was poor communication. Their grade should reflect that. After all, an A plus an F averages to a C usually.

I'm not sure who was to blame on the big runs by Scarborough but someone screwed up. Legget messed up and his grade should reflect the magnitude of that mistake. We had to punt!

The blown coverage on Howard was frustrating. It is the ultimate in stupid to get beat by the same guy two games in a row!

Defenders need to focus on their assignment.

Last edited by Tiger80; 01-11-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: Making the Grade: Clemson 35 Alabama 31

I'm not grading anything. We just won the national title!
Old 01-11-2017, 09:39 AM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Making the Grade: Clemson 35 Alabama 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos View Post
I'm not grading anything. We just won the national title!
I was pleased to hear Dabo said it is back to work after celebrating this weekend. THAT attitude is how you win national championship #3! Saban has a nice quote about complacency that is related to his process approach to the game and repeating success.

That being said, I think Dabo's approach captures the benefits of process, like Saban, with the emotional side of the game of football that resonates with young men (and staff).
Old 01-11-2017, 06:45 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger80 View Post
I'm not sure who was to blame on the big runs by Scarborough but someone screwed up. Legget messed up and his grade should reflect the magnitude of that mistake. We had to punt!
Honestly I don't think any player is to blame on either of the big Scarborough runs. The first one would have gotten strung out all the way to the sideline if OJ Howard doesn't tackle O'Daniel (which should have been called holding). You can't fault O'Daniel for getting held by the TE. The second one was a formation issue. They outnumbered us on the left side. No one outside of Van really had a shot there.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:52 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2015TigerAlum View Post
Honestly I don't think any player is to blame on either of the big Scarborough runs. The first one would have gotten strung out all the way to the sideline if OJ Howard doesn't tackle O'Daniel (which should have been called holding). You can't fault O'Daniel for getting held by the TE. The second one was a formation issue. They outnumbered us on the left side. No one outside of Van really had a shot there.
This!!!

And by God we just won our second National Championship....it's all A+ because they had the heart to stay the course and WIN IT. I am not a coach, and neither is anybody else on this board, so I can do that. A+ A+ A+

Enjoy it, don't take it for granted, don't over analyze it because none of us are Coaches, and if you don't give it an A+ when you win the NCG versus the greatest program in CFB History...well I can't help you.

FLIPPIN GO TIGERS!!! NATIONAL CHAMPS
Old 01-11-2017, 07:39 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger80 View Post
Win or not some of the grades were too high (let me add - in my opinion). For example the O-line was whipped in the first half and early second half. Some of it was physical and done of it was poor communication. Their grade should reflect that. After all, an A plus an F averages to a C usually.

The blown coverage on Howard was frustrating. It is the ultimate in stupid to get beat by the same guy two games in a row!

Defenders need to focus on their assignment.
Good thing then that Bama dbs are ultimate in stupid getting burned by 5* Hunter Refrow for 2 TDS in each game.