Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2017, 07:38 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default Tenn vs. GT

Can the Jackets beat Tennessee on Labor Day?
Old 07-16-2017, 07:51 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: Tenn vs. GT

I am looking forward to this one. The Vawls have plenty of time to prepare, but I think they will still be caught off guard by the jackets' shenanigans. Tough to pick a winner. Most people seem to give Tenn the edge, but I just don't know.
Old 07-16-2017, 08:45 AM
Scholarship Player

Unless GT's defense has improved from last year I don't see them winning a shootout with UT. Of course we don't know how good UT will be on offense this year either...
Old 07-17-2017, 01:31 AM
Tiger Starter

Most teams that face GT for the first time usually don't do very well. I think Tennessee gave up 1900 yards the last 3 games of the regular season to Vandy, Kentucky and Arkansas and not sure Tennessee has seen a triple option like GT will run at them. GT's option is different than the Citadel's or Georgia Southern's and Paul Johnson is a master mind of it. Just look how long it took Clemson. Yeah they dominate GT now but Clemson also sees them every year and they usually set aside certain practices in the fall especially for GT. If you're not use to it you really don't know what you're getting into. That's why I think GT has a great chance for the upset.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:14 AM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Tenn vs. GT

Gotta pull for ACC although Johnson is annoying
Old 07-17-2017, 09:54 AM
Travel Team

Will be interesting to see if UT comes ready to play. If they come out like they did against App State, then they won't have enough time to come back like they did last year.

UT has the same question as Clemson, but with less talent and a third of the defense; who will be the starting QB after Dobbs has gone?

That said, GT has a quarter of the defense Clemson has. I think there will be plenty of scoring, and with GT's ball control style of play, it might end up like the 2009 ACC Championship where GT pulls off the win.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerAidan View Post
Most teams that face GT for the first time usually don't do very well. I think Tennessee gave up 1900 yards the last 3 games of the regular season to Vandy, Kentucky and Arkansas and not sure Tennessee has seen a triple option like GT will run at them. GT's option is different than the Citadel's or Georgia Southern's and Paul Johnson is a master mind of it. Just look how long it took Clemson. Yeah they dominate GT now but Clemson also sees them every year and they usually set aside certain practices in the fall especially for GT. If you're not use to it you really don't know what you're getting into. That's why I think GT has a great chance for the upset.
This sums up how I feel
Old 07-17-2017, 10:48 AM
Travel Team

GT is gonna truck Tennessee and Jones is going to be on the hot seat from game one.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:02 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerFaninArkansas View Post
GT is gonna truck Tennessee and Jones is going to be on the hot seat from game one.
Ha!

I despise both schools, but I hope this comes true.