Hopefully you saw our report yesterday where Will spoke with Dan Radakovich
Friday night. Also hopefully you saw the report earlier today where Will spoke with Brad Brownell
just minutes after his meeting with Dan Radakovich today.
We wanted to pass along some more information on this situation. We have been working since Tuesday to gather as much information as we can. There are still several things we don't want to go public with at this time, but we will once the timing is right.
- As we reported earlier today there was no final resolution today about Brownell's future at Clemson. The meeting started at 11 and last for around 2 hours and 30 minutes.
- We know that there was a meeting Friday that included outside counsel to discuss the Brownell situation and related contract issues.
- Based on the information we have from several sources we believe it is likely that one of the topics discussed in the meeting today was a possible restructuring of Brownell's contract. It would obviously be in Clemson's best interest to reduce the buyout in the future if Brownell does return.
- During the meeting today Radakovich discussed with Brownell where he felt the program needed to improve. There was dialogue back and forth about how to make those approvements. Coach Brownell was also asked about his thoughts on where the program needs to improve and how he would plan to make those improvements.
- We also know that Brownell was told that the assistant coaches are being evaluated as well.
- Coach Brownell will need to decide if he is willing to work under the parameters discussed in the meeting to return for another season with the Tigers.
- Brownell and Radakovich will meet again at some point next week.
- This process is very similar to the one Radakovich followed with Coach Jack Leggett. One thing we know about that situation is that coach Leggett felt good about the intial meeting and felt that he was likely coming back, only to find out in the second meeting that he was being fired.
- Right now things lean in the direction that Coach Brownell will return next season if he agrees to what Radakovich is asking. This is by no means resolved and could still go either way in the end.
As stated above we have a lot of other information that we will release when the timing is appropriate.