Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2018, 05:28 AM
TCI Staff

Default Swinney begins Etienne’s Heisman Campaign

article
Old 10-09-2018, 07:55 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Swinney begins Etienne’s Heisman Campaign

10 more carries against Wake and he easily gets 300 yards. He's arguably the most dynamic back in the country right now, especially with Bryce Love hurt. If he keeps averaging 150+ yds/game, he definitely should get an invite to NYC. I'm pretty sure they've already etched Tua's name on it so ET won't get the trophy, but he'll get the recognition he deserves.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:52 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post
10 more carries against Wake and he easily gets 300 yards. He's arguably the most dynamic back in the country right now, especially with Bryce Love hurt. If he keeps averaging 150+ yds/game, he definitely should get an invite to NYC. I'm pretty sure they've already etched Tua's name on it so ET won't get the trophy, but he'll get the recognition he deserves.
Bingo. Tua's name was etched that night in January. No one "earns" it anymore. The Heisman is a perception trophy. It lost it's credibility a long time ago. Watson was the best player in college football in 2016. Ridiculous.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:20 AM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColaTownTiger View Post
Bingo. Tua's name was etched that night in January. No one "earns" it anymore. The Heisman is a perception trophy. It lost it's credibility a long time ago. Watson was the best player in college football in 2016. Ridiculous.
Watson should have won in 2015, IMO. Both years were ridiculous.
Old 10-09-2018, 09:38 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Yep. No doubt Watson was the best player in college football, playing for a national title contender (and winner). He went toe-to-toe with both winners in 2015 and outshined them on the same field those nights.

The heisman is a joke because the majority of the voters base their vote off something they see once and never evaluate the overall field. They don't take it seriously and turn in their votes long before the season is over.

They should have to wait until at least December 15th or something... time for the conference championships to conclude and the CFP to be set. Do it electronically with names of guys chosen by a committee (maybe past Heisman winners, maybe the CFP committee). Once they have those 10-15 names, they can click a dot next to the name of their winner. The tallies would be completed in seconds. Maybe that would level the playing field, maybe it wouldn't. But, something needs to change for the award to still mean something.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:03 PM
Way2tall

If Dabo gave ET the ball 20-30 times a game, he would walk away with it. No doubt in my mind.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Quote:
Agreed, I gave up on it when CJ wasn't even invited to NYC and Tebow got the courtesy invite that year.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Ring of Honor

I doubt it would matter if ETN averaged 250 yards/game. The Heisman is a QB award. If Tua somehow doesn’t win it will be Haskins or Murray.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:04 AM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarb1991 View Post
Agreed, I gave up on it when CJ wasn't even invited to NYC and Tebow got the courtesy invite that year.
I remember that. I thought the same thing. Tebow's numbers were way down that year, if I remember correctly.