Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2018, 10:48 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default This NFL analyst thinks South Carolina has a better group of receivers than Clemson

Old 05-16-2018, 11:18 AM
TCI Staff

Default Re: This NFL analyst thinks South Carolina has a better group of receivers than Clems

I don't buy it.
Old 05-16-2018, 11:40 AM
TCI Staff

Default Re: This NFL analyst thinks South Carolina has a better group of receivers than Clems

Uh, no. I'd take guys like Higgins, Renfrow, Rodgers and Ross over that group. And of course, the Tigers have plenty of depth.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Scholarship Player

They are talented. The best? Im not sure of that. I believe and nobody can convince me otherwise, that Bentley just isnt a very good QB.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:36 PM
Tiger Starter

Hmmm, what have those "best receivers" done against Clemson the last 2 years? There decent receivers but by no means are they the "best" corp in the country. Just a little info from the guy who said that, he also said Bentley was a projected 1st round pick for him. That is all you need to know. Also you are going to read every quote from this guy over the next few months because the Gamecock beat writers are going to wear this dudes opinions out. Keep in mind though that it is going to be so much sweeter when the Gamecocks get into the season and finally realize this dude was full of it. Nothing better than proving Gamecock's wrong when they actually believe something. I liked Hale when he was here but you can tell he has fully integrated into the lifestyle of a Gamecock because everything he writes is fluff pieces that when you read all you want to do is put your face in your palm and shake your head like they really truly believe this stuff.
Old 05-16-2018, 01:19 PM
Tiger Starter

Old 05-16-2018, 01:23 PM
NFL Tiger

I think Hale was around long enough to learn that Gamecock fans are hungry for anything they can latch on to and he is now feeding their misguided egos which in turn feeds his ego.

Like the BlueCheese said' "Fake News" and they are buying it! I'll add "click bait" to that.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:24 PM
Travel Team

Is this also the same NFL analyst that said our defensive line was overrated?
Old 05-16-2018, 02:49 PM
Tiger Starter

Have you guys even watched Deebo Samuel and Bryan Edwards? They're pretty damn good.... and sophomore Shi Smith has some skills too. Just b/c they're Coots doesn't change that fact. Samuel-Edwards might just be the best starting duo in the country if Deebo's healthy.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:42 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerphins View Post
Just b/c they're Coots doesn't change that fact.

Yes it does...
Old 05-16-2018, 03:47 PM
Ring of Honor

They're not bad, but they also don't perform all that well against good competition. And Deebo cant stay healthy...I'd still take our guys all day.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:06 PM
Tiger Starter

The coot WRs are very good. I think Bentley is a good but not great QB. Problem is their OL has sucked so neither the QB or WR position could really shine.

There is an NFL analyst to confirm almost anything as they are a dime a dozen.
Old 05-16-2018, 05:36 PM
Two Deep

Old 05-16-2018, 07:00 PM
Ring of Honor

Deebo is good but Brian Edwards hasnít proven too much, especially against better competition, and Ortre definitely has potential but has done nothing yet.

I think when you look back in the future Renfrow, Higgins, Ross, & Amari will be the better group.
Old 05-16-2018, 08:37 PM

Two of the 3 they mention didn't come to Clemson because they couldn't play on offense here.
Old 05-16-2018, 10:56 PM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Two of the 3 they mention didn't come to Clemson because they couldn't play on offense here.
That's the funny part. We basically gifted SC a couple decent receivers because we recruited one as a safety and the other was scared of our depth.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:03 AM

It sure is but this writter thinks their group is better than Clemson's.