Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2018, 07:01 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default Belk will regret decision

Several players that have left Clemson early for the NFL or transferred out have regretted that decision. I think it time Belk will do the same.

He just left a team that is likely to play for the national championship this year. He will miss the College Football Playoff experience. At South Carolina he will never experience anything like that. He will be lucky to go to an Outback Bowl and will likely end up playing in bowl's like the Independence Bowl.

There is nothing like Dabo's world in Columbia and never will be. And it's not just the toys in the building, but it's Jeff Davis' group that make sure the players are prepared for future after football.

He won't have the opportunity to play with some of the best defensive linemen in the nation and learn from them this year.

Plenty of things he will regret at some point.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:53 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: Belk will regret decision

He certainly will. Hope he enjoys 7-5 seasons and getting stomped by Clemson.
Old 05-17-2018, 10:59 AM
Tiger Starter

IF there was anything underhanded or nefarious that happened, I truly believe that the same sort of compromising behavior will be repeated. When that happens, I've never seen players or their situations turn out well.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Tiger Starter

We've seen these type of guys before like Jake Fruhmurgen or however you spell his name. The guys is on like his 4th team. I know it is a shock to the system in the immediate but I truly feel this is the best for Clemson. If he is like what I think he is he was never going to work out here anyways. And no I'm not for one second believing it had anything to do with family health issues and it will come out soon enough that I'm right. He has already done an interview or 2 that he has talked to both South Carolina and Tennessee. I'm telling you the scholley spot he gave up will do more than he would have. I know it sounds mean but health issues wasn't the reason and I put everything I have on that. So get mad at me if you want but I'm not changing my stance on this.
Old 05-17-2018, 12:57 PM
Scholarship Player

Default I want South Carolina and their football staff

to regret their decision.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:08 PM
Scholarship Player

Pretty odd that he 'lawyered-up' about this rather than being a man and talking to Dabo face-to-face! Is he going to be the one to fight the one-year sit rule for transfers?
Old 05-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Tiger Starter

Will be interesting to see if Belk becomes yet another underachieving mid to late round draft pick at some other school rather than the Day 1 or Day 2 pick his potential suggests had he been Clemson material from the neck up and played here.
Old 05-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Tiger Starter

In an interview with Korncoot, no mention of family issues.If it's true that a certain USuC DL coach has been in contact with him the WHOLE time. He just may not wind up a Gamehen
Old 05-17-2018, 01:46 PM
Ring of Honor

Seen some social media humor about Belk trading down to SCar just to get that chance to play in the Belk Bowl........
Old 05-17-2018, 07:00 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Belk will regret decision

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRTTMT View Post
In an interview with Korncoot, no mention of family issues.If it's true that a certain USuC DL coach has been in contact with him the WHOLE time. He just may not wind up a Gamehen
The NCAA can revoke a transfer. The second he got a lawyer he created a tougher situation for himself if we later find he was not being completely honest.
Old 05-17-2018, 07:34 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Several players that have left Clemson early for the NFL or transferred out have regretted that decision. I think it time Belk will do the same.

He just left a team that is likely to play for the national championship this year. He will miss the College Football Playoff experience. At South Carolina he will never experience anything like that. He will be lucky to go to an Outback Bowl and will likely end up playing in bowl's like the Independence Bowl.

There is nothing like Dabo's world in Columbia and never will be. And it's not just the toys in the building, but it's Jeff Davis' group that make sure the players are prepared for future after football.

He won't have the opportunity to play with some of the best defensive linemen in the nation and learn from them this year.

Plenty of things he will regret at some point.
He will also miss out on a great education at Clemson. He won't get that at South Carolina or Tennessee.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:18 PM
Ring of Honor

I expect he will end up a chicken so that he can put in for a “hardship” waiver and play this year (which he couldn’t do at UT). This situation just smells foul (or fowl).
Old 05-18-2018, 06:48 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerNE View Post
Seen some social media humor about Belk trading down to SCar just to get that chance to play in the Belk Bowl........
That's pretty good