Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2018, 08:00 AM
Travel Team

Default Can't wait to play South Carolina in the Valley

With this Belk situation I bet Dabo doesn't let his foot off their throat this year.

We could see a record ass whipping.

Belk will be standing on the sielines saying "What did I do".
Old 05-17-2018, 09:49 AM
Two Deep

Default Re: Can't wait to play South Carolina in the Valley

Yep! This could be fun!
Old 05-17-2018, 05:13 PM
Travel Team

If he transfers there? And he’s considering UT , while doesn’t sound like a need to get closer to home, Sorry but F this guy.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:41 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Can't wait to play South Carolina in the Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerRock View Post
If he transfers there? And he’s considering UT , while doesn’t sound like a need to get closer to home, Sorry but F this guy.
Technically they contacted him. However, if he goes to college anywhere that is not close to home then it will be interesting to see how he and the other college spins it.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:06 AM
Two Deep

It is going to be so much fun! The Valley will be rocking about this! Clemson fans will not forget!
Old 05-18-2018, 08:47 AM
NFL Tiger

Naw, I dont see Dabo being that petty. IF we had a huge lead he would pull starters early like he always does. Get other players more experience. I used to want him to run it up but really all those snaps and PT is good for recruits and good for the future.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:50 AM
NFL Tiger

I apologize for being the contrarian here, but...

Changing how you play based on one single player leaving your program to go to the state school for learning disabilities flies in the face of what Dabo has said since he took over as the interim guy.

"We are going to win with class, and lose with class. Whatever we do, we are going to do it with class. Clemson deserves that."

Now personally, I want to break the all time scoring deficit mark in the series- which is held by the birds 55-0. If that happens, it will be due to the fact that the second and third team defenses do not get burnt on a halfback pass, and our 2s and 3s continue to score on their pathetic defense the way the first teamers did.

But Dabo isn't going to stop being Dabo because of Josh Belk
Old 05-18-2018, 10:51 AM
Tiger Starter

Dabo would be willing to hang a hundred on them through the 3rd quarter. Its like when Dabo went for it on 4th down in the 2nd quarter in Syracuse a few years back when we were up by like 30 points and Syracuse stopped us and the Syracuse coach cussed Dabo from across the field after they stopped Clemson. When Dabo was asked about that he said you don't take your foot off someone throat in the 2nd quarter that he has seen a many of comebacks in his time. Thats why I say he'd do it in a heartbeat through the 4th quarter. The things is though, like in Death Valley a couple years ago when your 2nd string is better than their starters it doesn't make much of difference if you call the dogs off or not because inferior players, whether starters or not, usually don't stop guys better than them. I say kill'em all (figuratively speaking of course) and let God sort them out. #neverforgetneveragain
Old 05-18-2018, 11:14 AM
NFL Tiger

Aidan, I'm not arguing that at all.

I am simply saying Dabo isn't going to change the color of his stripes because one player asked for a transfer. Where he ends up enrolling is irrelevant as far as my point goes.

Nameless, faceless opponent... even applies to the yardbirds. To do anything different because of ONE GUY invalidates everything Dabo has built this program on.
"All we have to do is focus on being the best Clemson we can be"
"One Clemson"
"Focus on not beating ourselves on every play"

The program, and how it has been built from the ground up, would take a hypocritical dive if one transfer changes the way Clemson goes about handling what it does on a game-by-game basis. Dabo doesn't strike me as a hypocrite
Old 05-19-2018, 08:52 AM
Travel Team

Well, I hope the Tigers lay the wood on them if they get the opportunity this year. Muschamp has been smug ever since he got down there. He acts like he is better than Clemson even though Dabo has whipped his butt the first two years. I just don't like the guy's attitude and I hope Clemson hands them a beating in the Valley.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:48 PM
TCI Staff

If Belk is granted a waiver to play this season, he's not going to want to play in this one. Let's just say Clemson's O-linemen would be ready to hit.