Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2018, 02:38 PM
TCI Staff

Default Josh Belk has expressed his intention to transfer from Clemson

The Clemson Insider has confirmed from a source that freshman defensive tackle Josh Belk has expressed his intention to transfer from Clemson.

The former 5-star was the No. 1 defensive tackle in the country coming out of high school at Lewisville High School in Richburg, S.C.

As for whether or not he intends to transfer to South Carolina is unknown at this time.

We will have more information about this news as we collect data.

Belk enrolled in January at Clemson and had a good spring from what the coaching staff told us in the spring. Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney and defensive coordinator Brent Venables both praised Belk for his efforts after practices.

Last edited by Will Vandervort; 05-16-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Old 05-16-2018, 02:57 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Josh Belk plans to transfer from Clemson

Extremely disappointing news I know, but with Belk’s mother having health issues, this is a very classy move by our coaches.
Old 05-16-2018, 03:00 PM
Way2tall

Default Re: Josh Belk has expressed his intention to transfer from Clemson

I'm flabbergasted but I am sure there are dynamics here that I don't know about. Sure wish he could work things out and stay. Hope to learn more... this one hurts
Old 05-16-2018, 03:03 PM
Tiger Starter

I don't wish anything bad to him or doubt his reasons for transferring but this feels strange to me
Old 05-16-2018, 03:09 PM
Travel Team

My biggest issue with this is the fact that while he may not have been here for any game planning, he did learn some of our defensive install this spring.. And letting him transfer to a team on our schedule this season is unacceptable, especially that team being the coots!! If he wants to be closer to his parents, then he can go the SC State route.. And after this season, then he can throw his career away with the coots if he wants to.. But he should not be allowed to be anywhere near those coaches or that team from that garbage city this season..
Old 05-16-2018, 03:12 PM
Tiger Starter

Whoa WTH?
Old 05-17-2018, 04:38 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfootball_48 View Post
My biggest issue with this is the fact that while he may not have been here for any game planning, he did learn some of our defensive install this spring.. And letting him transfer to a team on our schedule this season is unacceptable, especially that team being the coots!! If he wants to be closer to his parents, then he can go the SC State route.. And after this season, then he can throw his career away with the coots if he wants to.. But he should not be allowed to be anywhere near those coaches or that team from that garbage city this season..
+1