Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-13-2017, 07:57 PM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default The Insider Report

It is time for this week’s edition of The Insider Report.

We hope everyone had a good weekend. It was a great one in Death Valley where the Tigers took care of business against the Noles to win the Atlantic Division once again.

Latest on 5-star Jamaree Salyer

Hopefully you saw our Tour of Champions coverage over the weekend as we visited Calhoun High School Friday night to watch Brannon Spector’s team battle Pace Academy and Jamaree Salyer. It was our second visit this fall to see Salyer. Earlier in the year we stopped by Pace Academy during the week to interview Jamaree.

The All-American hasn’t been to Death Valley this season, but will be this weekend as he takes his official visit to Clemson.

Jamaree confirmed to us in his interview that he is down to Clemson and Georgia and only plans official visits to those two schools right now. It will be an interesting dynamic this weekend with 5-star Cade Mays also on campus for his official visit. Mays is also likely to sign with either Clemson or Georgia.

So the big question is where does Clemson stand? Going into the visit the Tigers have some work to do. We would put it at about 65 percent Georgia, 35 percent Clemson going into the official visit. Any time Clemson gets a prospect on campus for a visit, especially an official visit they have a chance.

The Clemson staff will need this official visit to be off the charts for Salyer and they will need to make sure he isn’t spending time this weekend recruiting Mays for the Dawgs.

ACC Championship Tickets are going fast

If you have not bought your tickets for the ACC Championship Game, which will be played on Dec. 2 in Charlotte, then you might be missing out.

Tickets are going fast and the league is once again anticipating a sellout crowd. Two years ago, Clemson helped set an ACC Championship Game record for attendance when it defeated North Carolina at Bank of American Stadium in Charlotte.

The ACC had to take off the tarp on the upper deck they had used in previous years because ticket demands were so high. The conference is expecting to do the same this year.

The ACC Championship Game participants have already been decided of course. Clemson clinched a spot in the game with its win over Florida State this past Saturday, while Miami clinched a spot when Virginia lost at Louisville.

We are told this is the earliest, since the ACC Championship Game first began in 2005, that the conference already has its two participants for the title game.

Auburn Commit Impressed with Clemson Visit

Atlanta (Ga.) Carver four-star safety Quindarious Monday, an Auburn commitment, made his highly anticipated visit to Clemson on Saturday for the Florida State game.

After offering him over the summer and subsequently attracting him to campus during the Dabo Swinney Camp in June, the ACC’s Tigers were on the cusp of landing Monday’s commitment before he surprisingly pulled the trigger on his pledge to the SEC’s Tigers while on a visit to Auburn in July.
Despite the commitment, Clemson has continued to recruit him hard. TCI spoke with Monday, who said he has been hearing from Clemson on a weekly basis.

Monday (6-3, 175) told us he really enjoyed the visit on Saturday. He spent the most time with safeties coach Mickey Conn, cornerbacks coach Mike Reed and head coach Dabo Swinney. He was pleased with his interactions with the staff and felt the coaches showed him a lot of love. Per Monday, the Tigers expressed their need for a true safety like him, and he feels Clemson's defense would be a fit. It marked Monday’s first game-day visit to Clemson, and he was also impressed by the atmosphere in Death Valley.

Clemson’s coaches weren’t the only ones that showed Monday love on Saturday. He said a lot of fans recognized and greeted him. “Hey, they keep up with their recruiting,” he said. “That’s how you know they love football.”

Monday said he remains 100 percent committed to Auburn, but added that the Clemson visit has “made me think.” He reiterated he is still going through the process.

Monday had initially planned to visit Auburn for its game against Georgia on Saturday. Although Saturday's FSU game was one of Monday’s last opportunities to check out Clemson this season, it is nonetheless notable that he elected to visit Clemson instead.

Along with Clemson, Monday is mainly hearing from Auburn and Georgia. The Bulldogs are hoping to get him on campus this weekend for their game versus Kentucky. Monday is still contemplating whether he will make that trip, but knows he will visit Auburn in two weeks for its regular season finale against rival Alabama.

Monday is still working to qualify for early enrollment. As it stands right now, he intends to take official visits after the season and sign in December.

Early Look at Huge Official Visit Weekend

This weekend is Clemson’s last chance to host prospects this season, and it will be the Tigers’ biggest recruiting weekend of the season. Clemson has targeted this weekend as its major official visit date, as the game against an FCS opponent will allow the coaching staff to spend more time with and devote more attention to the prospects on campus.

TCI will have much more on this weekend’s visitors as the week progresses, but we wanted to lay out some names we have confirmed will be among the official visitors.

Knoxville (Tenn.) Catholic five-star offensive lineman Cade Mays will return for an official visit after making an unofficial visit on Oct. 28 when the Tigers played Georgia Tech.

Mays had been committed to Tennessee since July 2015 before formally de-committing last week. He is coming off of an unofficial visit to Ohio State on Saturday and also made an unofficial visit to Georgia two weekends ago.

Among other prospects we have confirmed are slated to join Mays on official visits this weekend are Atlanta (Ga.) Pace Academy five-star offensive lineman Jamaree Salyer, Jacksonville (Fla.) Trinity Christian five-star safety Tyreke Johnson, Bradenton (Fla.) IMG Academy four-star cornerback Brendan Radley-Hiles and Roebuck (S.C.) Dorman offensive lineman Jordan McFadden.

Stay tuned to TCI for more on the major recruiting weekend in Death Valley.

Please do not copy of paste this information to any other media outlets. As you know TCI is Free so if you know someone that wants the information simply send them to The Rock.
Old 11-13-2017, 08:08 PM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: The Insider Report

Are our committed EE taking thier official visits this weekend as well or waiting until December?
Old 11-13-2017, 08:15 PM
Tiger Starter

I'd keep a close eye on the Salyer visit...you hit on it in your report . I think some reverse recruiting maybe in the works with Mayes with Salyer there.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:00 PM
Tiger Starter

Is there still a chance with Carman and Hill? Really want to get some talented OLs.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:34 PM
Way2tall

Cool Re: The Insider Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
I'd keep a close eye on the Salyer visit...you hit on it in your report . I think some reverse recruiting maybe in the works with Mayes with Salyer there.
Ive read that they are close and have already talked about playing together. Hope we get em.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 God has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart. That's why we seek it.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:40 PM
Ring of Honor

Hill is Auburn bound. I haven't seen anything on Jackson lately...not even decent visit info.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:46 PM
Travel Team

Need to get the staff to take a look at Taylor Lee of Laurence Manning Academy. Walk on would not be far fetched. Kid is a baller.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:59 PM
Scholarship Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonfan1364 View Post
Hill is Auburn bound. I haven't seen anything on Jackson lately...not even decent visit info.
Visiting FSU November 17. Will visit Clemson December 8 and USCw December 15. Won't take a 5th visit.

Announces December 20.

Pretty clear where he is going. Has attended 2 Ohio State games in the last 3 weeks.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:05 AM
Tiger Starter

Plus I don't trust Georgia or Smart. If Salyer comes here to recruit I'd be very disappointed. I have a feeling that if we are talking about that the staff knows all about kids going on visits recruiting for other schools and I have to believe if Dabo and company felt even a hint of that Salyer wouldn't have been invited. Guess we'll never know unless Salyer makes it known to everyone.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:29 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerAidan View Post
Plus I don't trust Georgia or Smart. If Salyer comes here to recruit I'd be very disappointed. I have a feeling that if we are talking about that the staff knows all about kids going on visits recruiting for other schools and I have to believe if Dabo and company felt even a hint of that Salyer wouldn't have been invited. Guess we'll never know unless Salyer makes it known to everyone.
If it holds true to form, Smart will get Salyer to not visit."Transportation Issues" might pop up again.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:38 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Didn't we have an issue like this with Montravius Adams?
Old 11-14-2017, 07:48 PM
Ring of Honor

I like it when we get visits from linemen!