Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2017, 08:16 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default How much would you play Bryant this week?

How long would you leave Kelly in the game this week? Hopefully they can get him out as quickly as possible.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:30 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: How much would you play Bryant this week?

Don't know, but whomever is the perceived #2 should get most of the rest of the snaps,just in case we need him later. None of this splitting the rest 50/50

Of course now, that's just an opinion from a guy that could lose 20, sitting at the keyboard, not the guy getting paid millions to make that decision.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:51 AM
NFL Tiger

Long enough to make sure KB2 and Cain can connect down the field, multiple times. Get them both in a rhythm vs "live bullets" and let KB2 see the ball leave his hands and find Cain in the end zone. He needs to see that happen.

IMO, right now, KB2 is like a good shooter having an off night (well, off nights). He needs to see the ball go through the basket a couple times to break that mental block by making a lay-up or a free throw. That's what the Citadel provides... an opportunity for KB2 to go have some fun throwing the ball and get his confidence back. We've seen him do it. He's just not been doing it lately.

And Cain needs to make the easy and tough catches this week.

All in all, I think everything I mentioned can easily be achieved in the first half.... maybe sooner. Then rotate the rest of the game between Johnson and Cooper.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:52 AM
Tiger Starter

Whole game working those deep passes all game long
Old 11-14-2017, 09:18 AM
Way2tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post
Long enough to make sure KB2 and Cain can connect down the field, multiple times. Get them both in a rhythm vs "live bullets" and let KB2 see the ball leave his hands and find Cain in the end zone. He needs to see that happen.

IMO, right now, KB2 is like a good shooter having an off night (well, off nights). He needs to see the ball go through the basket a couple times to break that mental block by making a lay-up or a free throw. That's what the Citadel provides... an opportunity for KB2 to go have some fun throwing the ball and get his confidence back. We've seen him do it. He's just not been doing it lately.

All in all, I think everything I mentioned can easily be achieved in the first half.... maybe sooner. Then rotate the rest of the game between Johnson and Cooper.
Agree with this ^^. I'd like KB to get his passing rhythm down, especially with Cain, and then let HJ get some significant snaps.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 God has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart. That's why we seek it.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:32 AM
Ring of Honor

He's not going to develop a rhythm. We've had all year, it's not going to happen. Play KB a couple of series and pull him. HI and Cooper should see a ton of snaps. KB is a runner and the rest will do him some good.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by talltiger83 View Post
Agree with this ^^. I'd like KB to get his passing rhythm down, especially with Cain, and then let HJ get some significant snaps.
+2. However it could also backfire and he continues to struggle.. I think someone said in another thread that at this point in the season, he is what he is, the team is what they are. I see these next two weeks as an opportunity to rest guys, get them healthy, and ready for the State and ACC Championship.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:42 AM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonfan1364 View Post
He's not going to develop a rhythm. We've had all year, it's not going to happen. Play KB a couple of series and pull him. HI and Cooper should see a ton of snaps. KB is a runner and the rest will do him some good.
Mostly this. Give him a couple series to put on the field what he worked on all week in practice. Just b/c The Citadel isn't any good, it doesn't mean KB and others can't get injured.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:22 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonfan1364 View Post
I would agree if we've never seen him hit any of those passes earlier in the year. But we have. He HAS hit passes down the field and HAS thrown a nice deep ball at times. It's really been since he hurt his ankle that he's been off. Maybe at less than 100% it's making him off. I don't know. But I do know that he can make those passes. He's just been ice cold as of late and I think it will be very valuable to this team's future if he is able to gain some confidence throwing the ball on Saturday. His legs set up the pass, but only if the passes connect. The rollout freezes defenses because he could take off and run. This will work vs Miami, Bama, whomever... if KB2 and Cain/McCloud/Higgins/Powell/Somebody/Anybody can connect down the field.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Ring of Honor

He hit some fade type routes earlier in the year, but those aren't difficult throws. Opposing defenses immediately started giving cover 2 safety looks and took them away for the most part.

It's not just an ice cold thing. He's still developing, but at this point he's got a ways to go in terms of throwing the football. It doesn't make him a bad college QB, but he's got work to do. He lacks confidence throwing the ball too, you can see the hesitation.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:12 PM
Tiger Starter

At this point I wouldn't play him at all. The rest and recuperation from the off week is going to be more beneficial to his game than the amount of reps he gets, and the additional reps very well could benefit the backups in case he gets injured again.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:39 PM
Two Deep

He ought to play through 3 quarters and tbrow the ball every other play.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:34 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: How much would you play Bryant this week?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post

+1
Old 11-14-2017, 08:06 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Until he and Deon can connect more than 6 times....not necessarily for scores, but connect on some damn long balls.

Then give me ZC and HJ
Old 11-14-2017, 08:07 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by walhalla2atlanta View Post
long enough to make sure kb2 and cain can connect down the field, multiple times. Get them both in a rhythm vs "live bullets" and let kb2 see the ball leave his hands and find cain in the end zone. He needs to see that happen.

Imo, right now, kb2 is like a good shooter having an off night (well, off nights). He needs to see the ball go through the basket a couple times to break that mental block by making a lay-up or a free throw. That's what the citadel provides... An opportunity for kb2 to go have some fun throwing the ball and get his confidence back. We've seen him do it. He's just not been doing it lately.

And cain needs to make the easy and tough catches this week.

All in all, i think everything i mentioned can easily be achieved in the first half.... Maybe sooner. Then rotate the rest of the game between johnson and cooper.
this