Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2017, 11:28 AM
TCI Staff

Default Which juniors will be honored on Senior Day?

"Christan (Wilkins) is going to be honored and (Taylor) Hearn is going to be honored for sure," Swinney said.

"Neither one of them has made a decision on whether they're coming back, but they're both graduating in a couple of weeks."
Old 11-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Which juniors will be honored on Senior Day?

I know it isn't a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but I really don't like the practice of letting non-seniors be honored on Senior Day. I get it, a lot of guys go pro early these days, but Senior Day should be reserved for seniors. There is something to be said for guys who fulfill their commitment to the program academically and athletically to become seniors.

If the player is a junior on the field, but a senior in the classroom, then I think it's fine to honor him on Senior Day, but if so, then it should be stated as such. But if it's simply a guy who is planning on leaving early for the NFL, and is in no way a senior then I don't think he should have that honor.

Edit: I just read that Wilkins and Hearn are seniors in the classroom and will graduate this year.

Last edited by Judge Keller; 11-14-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Two Deep

I think Dabo has pretty much had that graduation policy for senior day. Maybe thereís been an exception made along the way, but canít recall who. With early enrollment and summer sessions, seems like quite a few players who have been all business in the classroom are finishing up in their junior yr.
Old 11-14-2017, 09:07 PM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Nope you are correct. The junior has to have either graduated or be ready to graduate in December (just a couple weeks) to be honored on Junior Day.