Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2017, 10:56 AM
TCI Staff

Default Live Dabo Swinney Press conference thread for Citadel game

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney will start at 11 am to preview the Citadel game.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:03 AM
TCI Staff

Default Re: Live Dabo Swinney Press conference thread for Citadel game

"Just to reiterate what I said last weekend, I am just really proud of our team for accomplishing one of our goals. Everyone is after the same thing but only one team is going to get it. Only one team can represent the Atlantic and we got it. I knew coming in that it was going to be a new team and new year with all of the new faces on our team. It's been really fun."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:04 AM
TCI Staff

Coach Swinney on the weight of Clemson's wins:

"The further you go it seems like they don't want to give you credit for some of these wins.

"Louisville on Gameday with Lamar Jackson, then you play BC, we had Auburn, we didn't play well in Syracuse but our guys responded.

"Especially in this world where we over analyze everything, to seem them respond."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:06 AM
TCI Staff

"If the season ended right now today, I am just really proud of the effort that these young men have put into this season. Coming off of a National Championship win, we knew we were going to get everybody's best week in and week out and our team put forth all of their effort into this season. I am just really proud of this group of guys."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:08 AM
TCI Staff

"I really just want to have a great day Saturday. These seniors are 26-1 at home...what a career they have had. I just want to see them put an explanation point on their career's on Saturday."
TCI Staff

Coach Swinney on military appreciation day and senior day:

"Hard to believe it's the last game in the Valley this season has just flown by. Where has it gone?

"I'm a little sad about that but I'm just embracing the journey. We have military appreciation day and nobody does it better.

"It's senior day and that's always an emotional time, these guys grow up dreaming about this. They think they'll be here forever then they realize it's almost over and it's gone in the blink of an eye.

"We have to exhaust every chance we get to impact these players because it's here and then it's gone."
TCI Staff

"It's going to be a great day to honor to awesome groups." (seniors and military)
Old 11-14-2017, 11:09 AM
TCI Staff

"The Citadel runs the triple option...no matter what team does it, it's going to be a challenge because it's not something you see every day."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:10 AM
TCI Staff

Swinney on the Citadel

"Difficult team to prepare for they have nuances and things. They are a challenge because of the triple option and it's not something you play every week.

"They throw it about thirteen times a game, they are the air raid triple option if you will. Brent and the boys hate these weeks.

We just have to get better and improve. Our focus is Clemson this week and just improving as a team."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:10 AM
TCI Staff

"We need to improve in every area. Our focus is Clemson this week. There is something that we have to improve on in all 3 phases. We just need to carry on our focus and intensity into the 4th quarter."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:11 AM
TCI Staff

Tanner Muse injury update.

"Tanner is going to be a lot better this week. These injuries are critical. We need everyone to be better. He's going to have a lot more mobility and flexibility and range of motion this week because they were able to cut the cast down a little bit."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:13 AM
TCI Staff

"Marcus Edmonds is the epitome of our program. He is just a young guy that came here and developed into a great player. It is a shame that he got hurt and I won't be shocked at all if he doesn't make a team at the next level. I still think he will get the opportunity because he has the skills. He has an incredibly bright future."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:15 AM
TCI Staff

Swinney on Marcus Edmond and his parents:

We really hoped to play him last week but we didn't get the right opportunity to get him in. I think you'll see him this week and he's the best he's been.

Hopefully he'll be a big shot in the arm for us going down the stretch.

He's the epitome of our program, and has developed as a great player. I'm not going to be shocked if he makes a team at the next level.

He's a lot like Cody Sensabaugh but just was hurt in his fifth year. Every away game I've been to this year, I see his mom and dad at every game even though he hasn't been on any of those trips.

That is just awesome, I talked to them at Syracuse and said 'y'all are the mvps here'. Seeing how much joy his parents have gained through his experience is unique and special.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:17 AM
TCI Staff

Coach Swinney on holding Dexter Lawrence:

"We probably will hold Dex another week. We want him to be the best he can be. This past week was great for him especially with how Albert and Jabrill played. We definitely plan on holding him for another week."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:19 AM
TCI Staff

In response to Albert Huggins evolving,

"It's been a slow process...it's just really a matter of him becoming a day in and day out guys and being more consistent. Maturity was also a huge deal. Having the mindset to show up everyday and compete. That is what it has taken for him...consistency. One day he looks like the guy you know he can be and the other day it looks like he can't play football. This past spring I started seeing him become a lot more serious about becoming a good football player. I was really proud of him because it came a lot more from his teammates. Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins...they all challenged him to be better and step up."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:22 AM
TCI Staff

Swinney's response to Christian Wilkins balancing personality and when to get serious,

"That's just who he is. He doesn't know anything different because that's just what he has always done. He's got a huge personality and is a very diverse young man. He is an unbelievable player...he's got the eye of the tiger. When it comes time to compete, he is locked in whether he is watching film or playing on Saturday's. He is so focused when it comes to football."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:24 AM
TCI Staff

Coach Swinney on what NFL scouts see in Christian Wilkins

"The tape speaks for itself with the scouts they don't need me to tell them more about his physical attributes. Nobody listened to me about Deshaun Watson either, they make their own assessments.

"There is a long list of questions about what they do when nobody is watching, what is he like in the locker room.

"He is still a work in progress strength wise but he is just a natural guy. They love all of that about him.

He has been a very productive player, 3 ACC championship games and two national titles. He has played against elite talent and he speaks for himself."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:26 AM
TCI Staff

"These guys in this room just focus on the next game and the next opponent. We won't prepare any different this week than we did against Florida State. We work on this week and this plan, that's all you can do. When you work ahead, you start to lose your guys."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:27 AM
TCI Staff

Coach Swinney on the Citadel's practice day here during the hurricane:

"We just put the laptop out there, that was a low blow. I actually never saw them, I knew they were coming but never saw them.

"I got notes from their AD and their coach but I never knew they were here. I'm really glad they were here."
Old 11-14-2017, 11:29 AM
TCI Staff

"Both Christian Wilkins and Taylor Hearn will be honored this weekend on Senior day. Seniors are a big deal to us. They fly first class for away games...I fly Coach if that tells you anything. They (Wilkins and Hearn) don't have a decision on whether or not they are leaving early yet."