Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2018, 05:52 PM
TCI Staff

Default Could A&M, Seminoles spoil Clemson’s plans for the CFP?

article
Old 07-10-2018, 06:17 PM
Travel Team

Default Re: Could A&M, Seminoles spoil Clemson’s plans for the CFP?

Nah 😎
Old 07-10-2018, 07:11 PM
Ring of Honor

Could they? Sure but so COULD Furman and GA So. Will they is a whole different question. I like our chances.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:46 PM
Tiger Starter

While I appreciate the article and thought of the possibility, I highly doubt it. The article mentioned Jimbo as an asset. Can certainly turn that around and know that we know Jimbo too. True, we don't have experience there but imagine that team knows who our strongest challenges are so they won't lack motivation or overlooking aggies. And FSU is the same in terms of not overlooking and being prepared. There's no way we lose both. By fluke, bad luck, etc it's possible that we lose one but it'd obviously be a huge upset. Just not buying it that they both could be responsible for us not making CFP.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:49 AM
Travel Team

I get the sense that most Clemson fans think we're going to roll into College Station and roll right over Texas A&M. While that could certainly happen I think this game is going to be a lot tougher out than most of our fans are expecting. I definitely think we win the game but I have a feeling it's going to be late in the game before we seal it.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:59 AM
MR Perfidity - Clemson Insider

Short term history shows us it is not the better teams that gives us an "L" in the loss column but those pesky teams like Syracuse and Pittsburgh, teams that should have resulted in a win. When we expect our opponent to be a "toughy", we seem to be better prepared and extremely focused. On the other hand, when we are the hunted, our opponents have an added incentive to slaughter the giant. I suppose that is one of the factors we can't measure in predicting the outcome of a game.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:17 PM
Scholarship Player

There's no question that either team could beat Clemson, just because that's the nature of College football. It's really hard to win on the road. If you look at last season, Alabama almost lost to A&M and they should be significantly better this season...

Every year you can look and you will see good teams losing to bad teams on the road. In 2017 Clemson lost to Cuse on the road, Ohio State lost to Iowa, Miami lost to Pitt, Washington lost to Arizona St, Oklahoma lost to Iowa St...

A&M is a tough game because it's week two, which means either team could have an off night... It's also a night game in college station, which is a tough place to win. It's hard to throw Trevor Lawrence out there for his first start. Not only do they return 19 starters, but they have a really impressive coaching staff. Jimbo is 4-4 against Clemson, and Mike Elko completely transformed Notre Dame defense in his first year as their DC..
Old 07-12-2018, 08:57 PM
NFL Tiger

Better question, is BC going to wreck it?

FSU will still be learning a new system, because the tool we were beating is coaching aTm with a new staff.

Folks, the two teams in this discussion are greener than the kudzu at the First Friday parade.
Old 07-13-2018, 08:15 AM
TCI Staff

IMO, BC game should not be an issue because BC will not sneak up on Clemson. They will have Clemson's full attention.

They will be a good team this year and could be playing for first place in the ACC Atlantic when Clemson comes.

BC will be a good team, but Clemson is better and if both teams play their best, Clemson is going to win.
Old 07-13-2018, 02:11 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will Vandervort View Post
...Clemson is better and if both teams play their best, Clemson is going to win.
This is true of every team on the schedule. I expect Clemson to have a tougher time with established teams, rather than ones still trying to fully comprehend their new playbooks.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:53 PM
Travel Team

Let’s not forget, both teams have good players. They will have a renewed confidence in themselves. New coaches may work in their favor.
Old 07-13-2018, 06:16 PM
Tiger Starter

If this Clemson team is who we think they are and who the people that cover college football think they are this team should take care of business. I just think with the leadership coming back this year I don't believe any team is going to sneak up on Clemson no matter how big or small the game. I think this team has one goal in mind and not saying the other teams didn't but for some reason I have a different feel as if the leaders on this team is going to carry these guys. I look at guys like Wilkins, Lawrence, Bryant, Ferrell, Joseph, Lamar, Simmons, Mullen, Fields, Terrell, Muse, Wallace, Hyatt, Pollard, Anchrum, Simpson, Falcinelli, ETN, Choice, Feaster, Renfrow, Bryant, Richard, Thompson and I see guys who have played a lot of meaningful football and guys that are looking for one thing and that is to hold the CFP trophy up at seasons end. Too me thats a lot of talented guys who have played a lot of winning football not to be dialed in for each and every game. I don't know for some reason I just think these guys have the making of a special season and one that may very well see the first program in college football history to go 15-0. Let's hope I'm right.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:56 AM
Scholarship Player

I agree and theyre 14 pt favorites for a reason. There are some match ups that AM should have some trouble with (their Oline vs Clemson Dline) but they were a good offense when Starkel played. Assuming he's significantly better in his 2nd year their offense might be able to move the ball... They have really good Wr's, TE, and RB's, but a lot of teams have had those things and lost to Clemson...

It's going to be a loud hostile environment, so the Clemson Oline will need to hold up and they need to win the turnover battle...

It was be devastating for the guys who returned if they somehow lost in week 2 to Texas AM... I wish it was a couple weeks later, but I think i'd start Kelly Bryant at least for the first cpl series....