Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2018, 07:39 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default Clemson's schedule: Three teams on the decline

Article

Just to be clear these are Will's opinions. I don't agree on a couple of them.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:43 PM
Travel Team

Default Re: Clemson's schedule: Three teams on the decline

I'm gonna agree with Will's assesment. There's nothing about Louisville or NCState that scares me. The only thing that bothers me is FSU, but that's because I don't know how a Taggart-coached FSU team will behave. I assume it will be a mediocre year for them.
NCState and Louisville got as high as they'll ever get. They are drooping.
If Taggart can't get FSU to 8 wins this year, they'll slump drop off too. Clemson, UGa, Miami and UCF and UF are coming for players in the state. Taggart has a hard row to hoe
Old 07-12-2018, 05:42 PM
Two Deep

Louisville is done. Since NCST still has Finley, they are always a threat. FSU is nothing to sneeze at. Akers was the top overall player or RB in HS. Francois is good. I know there's a lot of hype with Wake Forest, but I don't see them threatening anytime soon.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

NC State is not declining I don't think. They have one of the top QB's in the ACC. There recruiting for 2019 if one of their best classes they have ever put together.

FSU still has a ton of talent. I think they have something like 15 redshirt seniors this year. That is the class they signed after winning the title.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Scholarship Player

I completley diagree with these teams being on the decline. Louisville's season will all depend on Jawon Pass at QB. If he's as good as some people say, they can be a much better team than they were in 2017...

NC ST is going to be better than they were in 2017 despite losing 9 starters on defense. It would be tough to find a more talented offense in college football.

FSU is clearly going to be a much better team than they were last season. I dont know if Francois will be back, but even if Blackman wins the job, he has 10 games of starting experience behind him, and a simplified offense that can put up points fast. FSU has the talent to beat any team in the country.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:42 PM
TCI Staff

My reasoning behind all three is on the defensive side of the ball, mostly.

NC State does not have the depth to recover from losing that many guys at one time, especially on the DL.

Louisville definitely does not have the depth. They have done horrible job recruiting on defense and it started to show last year. Now they have just two guys coming back.

FSU, I think, can recover from the losses on defense. The question is the coaching. We just do know yet. The talent is there but it is inexperienced talent so coaching on defense is going to be huge this year in Tallahassee.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:06 PM
NFL Tiger

NCS is the only one I question. Dave Doeren has a spot in my work toolbox reserved beside the tap wrenches and the Vernier calipers, if he ever shows up...
but someone on his staff clearly knows how to coach, despite working for a tool.

FSU will need a year to embrace the new system, in spite of the talent. The well is dry in Loo-uh-vulle. Petrino would have been just as successful with Woody Dantzler at the helm of his offense as he was with Jackson.