Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2017, 04:09 PM
TCI Staff

Default Has Louisville fixed its issues up front to handle Clemson’s D-Line?

article
Old 09-14-2017, 09:01 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Has Louisville fixed its issues up front to handle Clemson’s D-Line?

UNC's D is awful. Yet, they were in the backfield all game. They just couldn't wrap LJ up and get him to the ground. He was hit several times and just bounced off or wiggled out of their grip and does what he does best... ran away and made a play. IMO, our DL will overwhelm UL's young and inexperienced OL and we'll have success getting to LJ and either take him to the ground or at least minimize his big play ability. I'm not saying we'll stop him every play, but I think we'll stop him enough.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:12 AM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: Has Louisville fixed its issues up front to handle Clemson’s D-Line?

He'll face pressure all night. I've watched both games and I don't believe the line play is all that improved. They do some things to move the pocket and get the ball out quick...more so than last year. Play some press man, make sure the backs are accounted for, and we'll probably have a good night.

We won't lose this game and unless we turn it over a ton this won't be particularly close game. We'll do some ball control stuff on offense to mitigate the number of plays they run. The defense will take care of business.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:53 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Has Louisville fixed its issues up front to handle Clemson’s D-Line?

We must tackle well. You tackle Jackson by hitting him around the knees and wrapping up. If you tackle high he slips out of it.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:54 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Has Louisville fixed its issues up front to handle Clemson’s D-Line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post
UNC's D is awful. Yet, they were in the backfield all game. They just couldn't wrap LJ up and get him to the ground. He was hit several times and just bounced off or wiggled out of their grip and does what he does best... ran away and made a play. IMO, our DL will overwhelm UL's young and inexperienced OL and we'll have success getting to LJ and either take him to the ground or at least minimize his big play ability. I'm not saying we'll stop him every play, but I think we'll stop him enough.
I sure hope you and Clemsonfan1364 are right!
Old 09-14-2017, 03:36 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger80 View Post
I sure hope you and Clemsonfan1364 are right!
I think he will get loose a few times and make some plays, but UNC's D was just grabbing at him and not hitting him low to take him down. I think our guys will be adamant about getting him to the ground as much as possible.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Travel Team

True freshman center is all I need to know. Dex and Christian will have A LOT to say about the outcome of this one In my opinion. Can an 18 year old keep two NFL ready guys at bay?
Old 09-14-2017, 04:12 PM
Ring of Honor

Early this week I'm pretty sure I saw a few tweets from Cards fans saying the freshman center was subbing for the starting guy who was hurt. The chatter was he would probably be healthy. But I'd still bet on our front controlling the line.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:36 PM
Tiger Starter

Already here in Louisville and their local sports radio thinks our Defense is overhyped because Auburn is overrated and their OL will handle us just fine. Too much bourbon or comedy hour.

Their center and right tackle are going to have their hands full all night, as soph & fresh players.
--Daughters, they can climb trees, fish, and shoot guns just as good as any boy, sometimes better. Plus they can have the boy clean the fish, buy the bullets when they go out, and then the Father gets to eat. Daughters are great. --