Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2017, 07:47 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default South Carolina predictions

South Carolina is 2-0 and should get to 4-0 with the schedule they have. How do you think they finish out the season? Are you more concerned about the game in Columbia now?
Old 09-13-2017, 07:53 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: South Carolina predictions

They are better than last year and Skai Moore back certainly helps. They look faster on Defesne but are still giving up tons of yardage. Our guys better learn how to hold onto the the football because they try to strip it on every play.

That said, their schedule is hot garbage. I honestly think it's between them and UGA for the east right now.

No, if we protect the ball this game doesn't concern me. We will get their best shot and that place will be on fire early.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:03 AM
Two Deep

They could realistically win 10 games just based on how bad their schedule is. I'm hoping once they play teams that tend to recruit better overall talent their weaknesses will be exposed.

Tennessee and A&M while struggling, do pull in some high quality recruits so hopefully that will add some losses to their record. Either way if they back into the east title somehow they will get dismantled by Alabama
Old 09-13-2017, 08:09 AM
Two Deep

Lightning in a bottle is how I'd describe their prospects for this season. It looks like all the teams that should beat them are going down the tubes. Tenn and A&M are not scaring anyone right now. Mizz and NC state were wtw games. Theyre not super talented but its looking like they have enough to do well with that schedule. We could be looking toward a very hyped up November game if we can continue to handle our business.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:23 AM
Two Deep

I hope they're undefeated when we play them. It would make that victory so much sweeter
Old 09-13-2017, 08:29 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-Born63 View Post
I hope they're undefeated when we play them. It would make that victory so much sweeter
Definitely. We would have Bentley begging to come out by halftime again
Old 09-13-2017, 08:55 AM
TCI Staff

8-4 because the SEC East is garbage and no they are not to the talent of Clemson.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:11 AM
Travel Team

I don't want to see them doing well so they won't become more attractive to better recruits. Got a feeling we'll have our hands full with them this year even with the talent gap. They'll play their best game of the season against us most likely after being smashed the last few.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:03 AM
NFL Tiger

I can see them winning 8 or 9 games and being in the mix to win the SEC East, since that division is hot garbage. They have definitely improved from last year. I think we'll win without too much trouble, but they could give us more problems than any of the rest of the teams on our schedule after this Saturday (from an offensive standpoint). They're D is just average, so we'll put up points.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:40 AM
Ring of Honor

I said before the season started they were around a .500 team, but play up or down a few games because of the schedule. Winning NC State was huge, but this still isn't a good team. I think they'll hit 8 wins.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Scholarship Player

I'll be surprised if they win more than 7 in regular season. Clemson, Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M are all more talented, and 3 of these are on the road. Probably equal talent with Kentucky and Arkansas, but I'll give South Carolina the edge because they are at home. They should be able to take care of business against Louisiana Tech, Vanderbilt, and Wofford.

At this point I would expect Clemson to win in November 35-17.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:27 PM
Tiger Starter

I don't understand why people were so high on NC State. No reason whatsoever did NC State give anyone a reason to be high on them. They haven't recruited any better and they have been the same team year in and year out. NC State is who they are so why people are giving South Carolina credit for beating a middle of the pack team is beyond me. South Carolina was a young team last season so they were bound to get a little better but they're not winning the East. Everyone knew South Carolina could do very well in the early part of their schedule but even Gamecocks will tell you that it was the latter part of their schedule that would make or break their season. I don't think they beat A&M, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida nor Clemson and they better watch out for Vandy because I think Vandy may be the most improved team in the East. The bad part for South carolina is that the teams I said they wouldn't beat are more talented and have the time to work out the kinks in their game. I can see them winning 8 games if they pull an upset but I am not picking that. I think they go 7-5 with the back half of the schedule making Gamecock fans sick. Lets look at South carolina's first 2 wins. NC State was down to Marshall very late in the 2nd quarter and didn't pull away until late in the 3rd. Mizzou gave up a ton of yards and points to a Missouri State team that couldn't score a point on FCS team South Dakota. That is who the Gamecocks beat their first 2 games. Hardly something to start changing season predictions over.