Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2017, 07:41 AM
TCI Staff

Default Wednesday's Thoughts

Once again, Clemson not getting credit for Auburn win
Old 09-13-2017, 08:25 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Wednesday's Thoughts

If we finish September undefeated I think we'll be ranked #2 at worst and maybe #1. In my opinion no poll should come out until October anyway, so I have no issue with early polls being this fluid.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:44 AM
NFL Tiger

I just don't think it is a big deal. All the national media knew about us before the season was that we lost our offense from last year and our defense was going to have to win games.

Can you argue they would think anything different after the Auburn game?

I think OSU is going to lose more games and I think Mayfield will have a couple of head case games and those two teams will drop.

I also agree that if we beat Louisville it will help, but if we do you will hear that Louisville wasn't that great and they are a one trick pony.

So all we can do is keep winning. Being in the top 4 after the ACCCG is all that matters.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:47 AM
NFL Tiger

As long as we're in the top 4 at the end, it doesn't really matter. However, I do NOT think OSU nor Okie are that terribly good. Obviously, Okie is the better of the two, but I think OSU is complete trash. I think they'll lose to Michigan and to Penn St. IMO, Penn St is the best team in the B1G. I think Clemson is better than all 3 and we will, as you said, certainly see how good we are this weekend (although that UL D is suspect and their O is basically a one-man-team).
Old 09-13-2017, 08:54 AM
Travel Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleTiger View Post
I just don't think it is a big deal. All the national media knew about us before the season was that we lost our offense from last year and our defense was going to have to win games.

Can you argue they would think anything different after the Auburn game?

I think OSU is going to lose more games and I think Mayfield will have a couple of head case games and those two teams will drop.

I also agree that if we beat Louisville it will help, but if we do you will hear that Louisville wasn't that great and they are a one trick pony.

So all we can do is keep winning. Being in the top 4 after the ACCCG is all that matters.
^^This^^

It will all work out in the end. If Ohio State is overrated and that Oklahoma win isn't really that impressive, that will be seen over time...remember what a big deal the Texas vs. ND game was to start last year? Oh wait.

Clemson hasn't shown those who don't follow us closely any other narrative than what was going in the off-season...the Tigers lost Watson and their offense and will have to rebuild and rely on defense. While reload may be a better term, RIGHT NOW it still appears that rebuild is more accurate. Give it some time and if our offense clicks, the narrative will change.

Personally I think Ohio State will underachieve and Auburn's defense will prove to be elite and their offense will be better than it looked again us...and people will recognize how big of a win it was for us.

If the UL game was last week and the Auburn game was this week, then winning against Auburn would have been a bigger story. Even if they are inaccurate or "bad" rankings, 5 going on the road and clobbering 2 is more impressive than 3 relying on defense to be 13 at home. That's the lens this weekend was seen through. It'll all work out in the end.