Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2017, 11:20 AM
TCI Staff

Default Are you worried about...

Are you worried about the potential negative impact of the road environment at Louisville on Kelly Bryant and the Tigers, being that it's the first away game of the season, or do you think that won't be much of a factor in the game?
Old 09-13-2017, 11:36 AM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Are you worried about...

KB2 may start a little shaky, but I think he'll calm right down and make the plays we need him to make to win the game.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:47 AM
Ring of Honor

I'm expecting Scelliot to have that built into the game planning. I won't be surprised if we see similar RPO and designed runs in the first few possessions like against Auburn. Boost his confidence right away.

Unless we simply make mistakes, I just don't see L'ville being able to defend against either the run or the pass anywhere as close as Auburn did. And KB proved he was able to settle down and play with confidence even against that onslaught. Granted, Auburn's down field coverage made mistakes. But that wasn't always the case. With Cain and Renfrow at the least we know we have guys that can get separation when it's really needed. Ray Ray can do it too, but he may not be as reliable.
Old 09-13-2017, 11:55 AM
Travel Team

Our defense will suck the air out of the stadium! lol

In seriousness, KB and most of the team has at least experienced these games on the sidelines, so it's not totally unfamiliar. Obviously different when you get on the field and actually have to perform, so sure there might be some nerves, but I think we will be OK.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:19 PM
Tiger Starter

The offense opening on the road at Louisville worries me a bit after Saturday night in the Valley . What they will face Saturday from Louisville won't be nearly as stiff as the defense Auburn put on the feild . The offense will have to score and not turn the ball over .
Last year the Tigers had the fighting Louisville Lamars down 18 and 5 turnovers got them back in the game and nearly lost it . Play sound football and protect the rock ! All should be well .
#1Goal - Destroy the Coots !
Old 09-13-2017, 01:21 PM
Scholarship Player

I'm fully on the KB bandwagon. He has made a few nice passes and had some solid runs these past 2 weeks. He knows what to expect this weekend... it's not like a true freshman being thrown out there!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Two Deep

KB seems chill to me. I think Watson showed him that is the way to be. I have all the confidence in the world in this team to get the job done. Honestly, UL isn't the biggest environment.
Old 09-13-2017, 04:20 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

I agree with Cola. KB seems pretty chill and calm, Sure would be nice to have him have success from the first series and take the crowd out.