Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2017, 11:30 AM
TCI Staff

Default Will the Clemson baseball team finally catch a break?

Last night, three calls went against Clemson in the ninth inning that cost the Tigers in a 3-2 loss to NC State. Last week, in crucial situations against Louisville, two or three calls went against them.

When do you think the tables will turn, or will it this year?
Old 05-19-2017, 01:23 PM
Two Deep

Default Re: Will the Clemson baseball team finally catch a break?

Others have observed the end of this season is being to feel like the way the basketball team faltered this year. To an extent I think it could be sort of true. The last several weeks does seem to show the team is playing tight expecting those bad calls or fluky plays to bite them. I've noticed they are hitting the ball hard but right at fielders. Just seems like they are way past due to get some hits to fall in and get those RISP's to home plate.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:56 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Will the Clemson baseball team finally catch a break?

I agree we've been hit with some really bad calls late in the season, but we had our share of some questionable calls go in our favor early on; Seth's slide into home plate against Winthrop continues to jump out at me. Our men cannot let the umpires decide the game, hit the ball where they ain't and take freak'n advantage of when we have men on base.
--Daughters, they can climb trees, fish, and shoot guns just as good as any boy, sometimes better. Plus they can have the boy clean the fish, buy the bullets when they go out, and then the Father gets to eat. Daughters are great. --