Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2017, 02:43 PM
TCI Staff

Default Virginia embarrasses Tigers

article
Old 05-26-2017, 03:22 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Virginia embarrasses Tigers

Clemson really needed to hit that 40 win mark. Now you add not getting the 40th win and the last month of the season and Clemson equals a 2 seed. I don't see how you go from a lock national seed to more than likely not even hosting in about a 3 week period. That is a collapse of epic proportion and as has been stated on here many times something not seen from a Tigers team in many many moons if ever. I don't ever give up on my Tigers and as long as there is a chance I will be there but it is very hard not to be utterly disappointed. I just don't have the words to express my displeasure, well not that I can say on here and not get kicked out.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Tiger Starter

My biggest concern right now is that the ugliness of the last month carries beyond the NCAA tournament into the off season and yes next season. I think there's real fear we've seen the best play from the team until Coach Lee finally gets a new batch of experienced players. Wouldn't be surprised if they finish 500 next year. Does he have any game changing talent coming in to refresh things next year?
Old 05-26-2017, 03:44 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Virginia embarrasses Tigers

It is going to take better players.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Ring of Honor

39-19 after starting 33-7 means we were a sub .500 team over the last 18 games. Sadly, I don't think we deserve to host a regional.
Old 05-26-2017, 03:53 PM
Ring of Honor

This season has been historic and for mostly the wrong reasons.

I'm trusting the opinions of many who post here are and closer to the program than I can be at a great distance. But it's tough being an optimist about "next year" or the future right now.
Old 05-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Tiger Starter

Not that I think it'll happen but to change direction here...if Clemson were to win the regional, would it be considered a successful season?
Old 05-26-2017, 04:51 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMITH2554 View Post
Not that I think it'll happen but to change direction here...if Clemson were to win the regional, would it be considered a successful season?
IMO, Yes. Hard to be disappointed with 40+ wins and advancing to Super Regional
Old 05-26-2017, 04:58 PM
Tiger Starter

Good thing "we eat pressure like candy."
Old 05-26-2017, 05:40 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Keller View Post
Good thing "we eat pressure like candy."
Pressure got a candy coated metal bat & has been beating us over the head with it like Negan the past month
Old 05-26-2017, 06:49 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcu91 View Post
Pressure got a candy coated metal bat & has been beating us over the head with it like Negan the past month
^Post of the Day!
Old 05-27-2017, 12:17 AM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcu91 View Post
pressure got a candy coated metal bat & has been beating us over the head with it like negan the past month
lol
Old 05-27-2017, 09:08 AM
Tiger Starter

Yes making it to a Super would definitely change the mood and as far as next year Clemson has some really good players coming in and some good pitchers at that. Baseball is a game of streaks, peaks and valleys and right now the Tigers are in a canyon but as quick as the Tigers got there they can get out. To me this year has been about the pitching. The Tigers have gone as the pitching has and yes I know the Tigers have hit lulls in hitting especially with RISP but thats hitting, its the pitching that can't hold a lead. If you look over this past season and the coaching staff really leaned on just a few guys out of the pen. Its no wonder why those guys were worn out at the end. Personally I believe pitching wise we will be in a better position. Some of the young guys will be a year more experienced and the guys injured will be healthy. Not having Higgy hurt because he is good enough to be a weekend guy which could of helped out of the pen on long relief duty. Clemson has a few top 200 guys coming in if the draft doesn't steal them so I think they will be fine and you still have Williams, Beer and Davidson to build the hitting order around. Beer had a sophomore slump but his slump would be an average players best year. No reason to start throwing next year down the drain before we are done with this one. Even after a horrendous end to a season the Tigers are still 39-19 and if they don't host they will be a top 2 seed so still a lot to play for. Also Monte hasn't finished his 2nd year and we all knew it was going to take time to get this team back to where we thought they should be and too me Monte is well ahead of schedule. I don't know what some of you thought, that it was just Leggett, but the talent was lacking as well especially pitching. Monte hasn't even had 1 recruiting class that was his. When he took over his first job was to make sure he kept the guys that Leggett had recruited so Monte didn't even have a chance to evaluate guys for that class. This will be Monte's first full class he has scouted and guys are coming to play for him. So lets not throw Monte under the bus before he has even started.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Scholarship Player

Can you summarize that in 2 sentences or less?