The Clemson Insider Forums

The Clemson Insider Forums (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/index.php)
-   All In Recruiting (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Did Cain and McCloud visit Auburn? - Updated (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/showthread.php?t=44467)

Robert Thorne MacRae 02-01-2015 05:09 PM

Did Cain and McCloud visit Auburn? - Updated

We just spoke with a source that spoke with a family member of Ray Ray today and he confirmed the reports that are circulating this afternoon.

Ray Ray and Deon visited Auburn this weekend.

We have also confirmed that the Clemson coaches were aware of the visit ahead of time. The Clemson staff obviously did now want them to take the visit. The Clemson staff was told they just wanted to take one more visit for fun.

Obviously any time a recruit makes another official visit, especially the weekend before signing day, there is reason for concern.

TX Tiger 02-01-2015 05:11 PM

Re: Did Cain and McCloud visit Auburn?

Troubling...

And remember the same guy (Muschamp) convincing them to come up to UF for all those games is now at Auburn. While it may be somewhat late for Auburn, they seemingly do have a good relationship with Muschamp.

OrangeCrush 02-01-2015 05:11 PM

And the Bagman strikes again.

Bagwell 02-01-2015 05:14 PM

Feel like I just got punched in the gut

Taz089 02-01-2015 05:21 PM

Re: Did Cain and McCloud visit Auburn? - Updated

They will do what is best for them. At least the coaches knew about it.

Robert Thorne MacRae 02-01-2015 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bagwell (Post 279906)
Feel like I just got punched in the gut

I do as well. Just told Hale I feel sick to my stomach.

If you followed our reporting last month you know we are not totally surprised by this turn of events. A lot of others jumped down our throats for those reports, but now you see they had some merit.

CCtiger91 02-01-2015 05:23 PM

Don't think they'll change their minds before Wednesday, but man that's absurd. Visit the school you're committed to one weekend then go on a secret OV to Auburn. Recruiting is a dirty business these days.

TX Tiger 02-01-2015 05:25 PM

Most disappointing is the fact that Cain went. RRM always seemed to want to look around but I didn't see that in Cain. Not at all what I wanted to see.

melamb13 02-01-2015 05:26 PM

BIG MON all over again?:confused:

B4him13 02-01-2015 05:34 PM

Robert / Hale / Gang - You guys that worried about Clemson losing all their work on these guys after just one visit this late in the game? Seems a little late in the game for their first visit to gain much ground, but that may be just my wishful thinking. Auburn even have a QB coming?

MRTTMT 02-01-2015 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B4him13 (Post 279913)
Robert / Hale / Gang - You guys that worried about Clemson losing all their work on these guys after just one visit this late in the game? Seems a little late in the game for their first visit to gain much ground, but that may be just my wishful thinking. Auburn even have a QB coming?

Not Wishful Thinking,just Logical Thinking.

Robert Thorne MacRae 02-01-2015 05:37 PM

You certainly hope they stick with the longtime relationships the Clemson staff has worked hard to build over a long time.

Remember based on when this happened that Clemson can not have any more face to face contact with them before NSD.

There is certainly reason for concern. Hopefully they stick with their commitments Wednesday.

As for Auburn QB. How about some guy named Deon Cain?

OrangeCrush 02-01-2015 05:39 PM

Im not losing any sleep over these 2..if they want to go let them go. Never was sold on rayray being all in anyway...good luck to them in whatever they decide to do. #allin

Clemson Fan 02-01-2015 05:42 PM

Auburn does have the BAGMAN!!

OrangeCrush 02-01-2015 05:43 PM

And I'll add this....rayray never wore clemson stuff that I could remember. .he decided not to enroll early...i think hes been working Cain..the whole time to follow muschamp to Auburn. I think it was planned by him and his dad...my feelings .

TigerNE 02-01-2015 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae (Post 279915)
Y
As for Auburn QB. How about some guy named Deon Cain?

Does Cain WANT to be a QB? I always thought he wanted to be a WR and there was never any doubt that would be his slot at Clemson.

B4him13 02-01-2015 05:48 PM

Lets not turn on these guys just yet. They haven't recommitted or been dropped or committed to Auburn. Us badmouthing them will only turn them away. This is a life long decision for these kids and I'm glad that they at least communicated with our staff that they were going to visit. I still think they will be Clemson Tigers at the end of the day, but we shall see.

GoTigers716 02-01-2015 05:50 PM

Hope we hang on to them. Our WR group looks a lot thinner if we lose them.

Just disappointed. Feels like Mont Adams all over

GoTigers716 02-01-2015 05:56 PM

No reason to turn on them. I still think they end up at Clemson. Def makes you feel like Auburn is pulling some sketchy moves.

I don't see how they could flip after all the relationships they've built.

MRTTMT 02-01-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoTigers716 (Post 279922)
Hope we hang on to them. Our WR group looks a lot thinner if we lose them.

Just disappointed. Feels like Mont Adams all over

Adams was NEVER committed, just internet gurus claiming he was a silent commit.