The Clemson Insider Forums

The Clemson Insider Forums (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/index.php)
-   The Rock (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which player will make the most improvement? (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/showthread.php?t=136797)

Robert Thorne MacRae 01-13-2021 08:09 AM

Which player will make the most improvement?

One of the keys to how a team does is player development as Dabo talks about a lot. Which players do you think will make the most improvement next season?

jlcu91 01-13-2021 11:15 AM

Re: Which player will make the most improvement?

To me Ladson & Ngata are young stars that didnít get their shot to shine this year. They were both snakebitten from the start of fall camp and it continued through the season.

Who else will improve I donít know but thereís a long list of guys who we need to develop.

- About everyone at safety
- All the young DTís
- All the young OL

Thatís a starter list but thereís much more

AllOrange67 01-13-2021 11:22 AM

I'm gonna go with DK. His decision to come back shows some maturity. I think he turns it on and is a 1-2 rd pick next year.

TX Tiger 01-13-2021 11:28 AM

Simpson. He played a good bit but a lot of comments were made about him not really having a full understanding of where he was supposed to be. He will also be able to get stronger.

clemsonurlacher 01-13-2021 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX Tiger (Post 647976)
Simpson. He played a good bit but a lot of comments were made about him not really having a full understanding of where he was supposed to be. He will also be able to get stronger.

This^ I think Simpson could be like a DoD. He just needs to learn position.

tigerpawgt 01-13-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TX Tiger (Post 647976)

I think youíre right. He made plays based on his talent. Being in the right place at right time could make him a defensive MVP candidate.

BuckTN 01-13-2021 06:49 PM

I agree with the majority... I think simpson is going to be fantastic in 2021. Breese was very good and will be an absolute force in 2021 too

clemsonfan 01-13-2021 07:36 PM

I'm looking forward to see EJ's play next season.

Tiggershark 01-13-2021 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlcu91 (Post 647972)
To me Ladson & Ngata are young stars that didnít get their shot to shine this year. They were both snakebitten from the start of fall camp and it continued through the season.

I agree with this. Ladson and Ngata will come out healthy and on fire.

Will Vandervort 01-14-2021 01:56 PM

I think the most important one to improve is D.J. for obvious reasons.

Tiggershark 01-14-2021 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Vandervort (Post 648108)

If he maintains his 400+ yards/game average and 0 int's, we should do pretty well.

geech72 01-14-2021 07:48 PM

Ajou Ajou and it won’t be close!

TigerFaninArkansas 01-15-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Vandervort (Post 648108)

You beat me to it. DJ will be the most improved. He was a statue in the two games he started (because of injury and play-calling to protect him). I think people will be shocked at how good he looks in the run game next year starting with the Georgia game. Some Georgia LBs are about to get punished!

CUFisherman 01-15-2021 03:26 PM

Simpson is a solid choice like many have said. I also think Booth will make some big strides, we saw flashes of greatness this year. I think he continues to improve and become a consistent shutdown corner.

SSMITH2554 01-15-2021 03:31 PM

IF XT comes back, it'll be his time to make some money. And I know that's a huge IF all around.

Some of the WRs will make huge strides. We have so many to choose from, I can't pick just one but believe some will definitely be strong.