The Clemson Insider Forums

The Clemson Insider Forums (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/index.php)
-   The Rock (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Let's leave Clowney alone.... (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/showthread.php?t=9760)

---Z--- 02-05-2011 10:39 AM

Let's leave Clowney alone....

From that interview he seems really annoyed with this process now. Let's stop asking him what he is going to do and let Dabo work his magic. The more this is out in the public the worse off we are I believe.

RickR 02-05-2011 10:41 AM

Re: Let's leave Clowney alone....

I agree.

Robert Thorne MacRae 02-05-2011 10:43 AM

He wasn't annoyed with the recruiting process, he was annoyed that his team just lost in overtime in the final seconds at home to a team they had beaten by 30 earlier in the year.

He was actually very generous about the interview. He could have easily turned down the interview but he did not. In fact as I waited outside for the interview he sent another player out to get me to come into the locker room to do the interview as he was going to go out the back entrance.

I was actually very impressed that he did the interview after such a tough loss.

MissouriTiger 02-05-2011 10:48 AM

He didn't look annoyed when you ask about being the 6th 5-star in the class. He even had a smile.

reynolds 02-05-2011 10:51 AM

Robert, we appreciate what you do and trust how you build long standing relationships with these young men. It's nice to see how civil some of the new posters can be when they slither over here to tell you how to conduct business.

Cutigergrad04 02-05-2011 11:07 AM

Robert, keep doing what your doing. The majority of posters here appreciate your hardwork and know that you would never do anything that could possibly hurt Clemson, as evident by not wanting to bother Mrs. Clowney while she watched her son with family and friends.

Go Tigers!

RickR 02-05-2011 11:20 AM

Let me explain why I agree; I think Robert does a wonderful job and I appreciate how candid and honest his info is. I think that Clowney is probably tired of answering some of the same questions and hope that stories leaking don't hurt our situation such as a chance at another visit. I want to hear/read the info as much as anyone and I'm sure that gamecock sites are relentless with him; just don't want anything to turn him off if he is honestly still open with his decision.

jes21tyl 02-05-2011 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickR (Post 44473)
Let me explain why I agree; I think Robert does a wonderful job and I appreciate how candid and honest his info is. I think that Clowney is probably tired of answering some of the same questions and hope that stories leaking don't hurt our situation such as a chance at another visit. I want to hear/read the info as much as anyone and I'm sure that gamecock sites are relentless with him; just don't want anything to turn him off if he is honestly still open with his decision.

Yeah, I agree. The more that gets out that he likes us and might visit us again on the 12th, the more pressure is put on him by the rival. Time to keep this thing on a low profile this coming week. Let the other side get overconfident!

TigerDelk 02-05-2011 12:28 PM

Robert is absolutely the best in the business with player interviews. I have been reading his interviews for many years and he always has a great relationship with the kids.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reynolds (Post 44466)
Robert, we appreciate what you do and trust how you build long standing relationships with these young men. It's nice to see how civil some of the new posters can be when they slither over here to tell you how to conduct business.