The Clemson Insider Forums

The Clemson Insider Forums (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/index.php)
-   Joe's Place (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Where is TV headed? (http://forums.theclemsoninsider.com/mb/showthread.php?t=46589)

Robert Thorne MacRae 04-20-2015 07:21 AM

Where is TV headed?

Are the cable companies on their way out with Netflix and the other competitors growing so much?

Will Vandervort 04-20-2015 09:00 AM

Re: Where is TV headed?

I think ultimately, they will have to adjust but we are still 10 or 15 years away from that.

The crazy thing is, Qualk talked about this on his show the last couple of weeks.

TigerNE 04-20-2015 09:31 AM

Just read an article that says one sticky point right now for those who have cut the cable/satellite cord is real time news. Supposedly the cable news companies have been forced to agree to limit their streaming in order to get financially favorable terms from the cable/sat providers. I haven't stopped the TV service yet, so I can't say. But supposedly if you are trying to stream CNN or FNC for something live going on, the channels are supposed to block you if you don't have TV.

Which makes me wonder if the 4G/5G mobile technologies have a huge incentive to get speeds and reliability up fast.

Robert Thorne MacRae 04-21-2015 09:27 AM

I know a lot of the younger generation lives on NetFlix now (my daughter certainly does).

If sports start moving to these other options it will get interesting

drinkoj 04-21-2015 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae (Post 292642)
I know a lot of the younger generation lives on NetFlix now (my daughter certainly does).

My oldest does the same thing. I also see a lot of my kids friends (Xbox & PS accounts) that live on the Hulu and YouTube for their entertainment needs.

Sports has already begun the move, that Sling product by DISH is something I see targeting the 20 to 30 yr old male demographic as the alternative Sports Channel package.

Angela12 12-22-2016 03:30 AM

I know a ton of the more youthful era lives on NetFlix now (my girl absolutely does).

In the event that games begin moving to these different alternatives it will get fascinating

Gassaway 11-02-2017 03:41 AM

It'll certainly be interesting vigrx plus review to see but the market has become global so I think there's room for everyone, at least for now.

reynolds 11-05-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gassaway (Post 456141)
It'll certainly be interesting to see but the market has become global so I think there's room for everyone, at least for now.

Nice to see another Gassaway.

Clemson Fan JT 11-06-2017 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae (Post 292642)

ESPN reported that they are losing about 7000 subscribers
a day since the NFL mess started.......

geekyfellowdude 03-05-2019 06:37 AM

Hey All :D,

Interesting to read these posts. I think TV is going to be dead i.e. cable/dish. Streaming is definitely the future. I won't be surprised if a comprehensive company specific to sports for live & recorded streaming makes it big in the upcoming years. Something like Netflix. It is just matter of time.

BlueCheese 03-05-2019 06:50 AM

Yep its just a matter of time. I haven't had cable in close to 10 years. For games I use an antenna for the networks, and I get the rest from ESPN streaming, FS1, other methods that I can't list here (lol.) However, I do have to deal with the occasional hang-ups in streaming, especially during the big games where the ESPN servers are getting overloaded. To me it's worth the $100+ I'm saving every month.

pctalk 06-17-2021 07:41 AM

بهترین کلینیک ارتودنسی