View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 07:31 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: Team Recruiting Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerNE View Post
Ratings, schmatings. I've never seen a follow up review of the values given to high school kids after some or all of their college experience. I still say it's mostly arbitrary. Highly ranked kids are good. Very lowly ranked kids probably will never play at an elite level. But there are enough Baker Mayfields out there to prove it to be inaccurate.

On top of individual rankings, the team rankings are even worse. Size of class has a greater impact than individual rankings. So if you simply build up with a lot of midrange talent, somehow that is better than filling only a few needed slots with all elite players. You couldn't engineer anything with that math.
I agree to an extent with what you're saying about ratings not being the end all, be all, but this is all I have. I wish I had time to watch film on all of the recruits out there and evaluate them myself (not to mention I wish I had the football intelligence also).

You're absolutely correct when it comes to taking a big class and how that is somehow better than a smaller, more elite one...that's the purpose of this thread, to rank classes based on quality, not quantity.

Regardless, the player development track record at Clemson does speak for itself. The way I look at it is a lot like most degrees...kind of just shows how trainable you are. My hopes are, you put good into the system, you get better out...no matter what level you start.