View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 12:11 PM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Letís not take what Clemson Football has accomplished for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerpawgt View Post
It’s not about proclaiming the sky is falling. Clemson dominated Bama for the crown. Since then we’ve been clobbered in the CFP, including the OhioSt game two years ago where we were two Dobbins dropped passes from being down 28 zip. Clemson survived that game plain and simple.

The healthy debate since the LSU loss has been about what’s not working, where are things needing to improve etc. Bama got clobbered by us, and on Monday they proved that they addressed their issues and are once again at a level above everyone else. I want Clemson to fix the issues and dominate in the CFP again. Seems reasonable to me since Dabo and crew did it before so it can be done again. The recruiting has been excellent on paper so now they need to translate that into domination. To do that Dabo must be willing to examine everything but change only what is not working and keep intact what is working.
Take Bama for example, in 2018 we ran them off the field. They did not make the playoffs in 2019 and won it all in 2020.

Take Ohio as another example. In 2018 they did not make the playoffs. In 2019 we beat them in a close game and in 2020 Bama ran them off the field.

LSU was dominant in 2019 (maybe the GOAT) but sucked in 2020.

ND gets blown out whenever they make the playoffs. Pretty much a convincing loss for Oklahoma when they make the playoffs.

I would also point to FSU in the 90s where they were pretty much top 4 every single freaking year but won only two titles. It seems like every year one team catches fire meaning they have all the pieces in place to be a complete team peaking at the right time. No team is dominate every year (Bama has come closest) but as long as we are bumping around the top four we will get our share of titles.

What in Dabo's history or nature makes you think he is content and will not make the changes he deems necessary?

BTW I saw this on Twitter about the Hokies who have fully embraced the portal:

The #Hokies got a commitment from Texas A&M transfer QB Connor Blumrick.

He's the fifth transfer QB brought in on Fuente's watch. VT's had three of its own transfer out in that time.

Is this who we want to become?

Last edited by Ken; 01-13-2021 at 12:18 PM.