View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 02:23 PM
Ring of Honor

Default Re: Letís not take what Clemson Football has accomplished for granted

I have no concerns about Dabo examining his program from top to bottom. Heís an outstanding leader and thatís what they do. I just pointed to recent history that may indicate heís thinking about what needs to be evaluated.

What I do get riled up about is people complaining that a fan message board is somehow the wrong place to express opinions about what we have seen on the field. Airing those thoughts is kind of interesting and I learn some things along the way. Itís not forgetting how much these players and coaches devote to the program (as long personal shots are not taken at individuals). Just a place to have friendly debate.

Iíve read some valid arguments for why the transfer portal could be used by Clemson and if not explored could become a competitive disadvantage. Dabo has essentially voiced similar concerns. He knows it has become disruptive to his philosophy to develop through HS recruiting and player loyalty. He rightly is taking a slow approach because itís a double edged sword.

For me the transfer portal is mostly a secondary concern. Developing the potential of the players already on the roster should be the primary focus.