Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2016, 11:40 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Total ESPN disrespect on Monday !

It was bad enough having to listen to Kirk Herbstreit's gushing and manlove affair for Jackson Saturday during the game ! But tonight on ESPN show after show has disrespected Deshaun and Clemson ! What gives? I agree that Jackson is a special player , but without him Louisville is very ordinary .
The recurring theme all day has been that Clemson won the game because Louisville didn't not because the Tigers earned it ! Now everyone is saying that Jackson is even more in control of the Heisman , after the preseason front runner beat him !
I believe that my take is what anyone with common sense would say if they actually watched the game !
Clemson was up 3 scores at the half and easily could have run Louisville out of the stadium if McCloud doesn't try to catch the first pass of the second half and Leggit doesn't fumble going in for a TD .
Louisville has the easiest path of anyone going forward to get to the playoff . And don't mention the perinial American conference pretender Houston ! They are a game away every year ! If they join the Big12 we will never hear from them again !
After the past several years ESPN has dissed Clemson going into games against LSU , Ohio State , Twice with Oklahoma , and the national championship game , Clemson has proven them wrong every time ! Yet these jerks still put Clemson down , and now they elevate the teams Clemson beats over Clemson ! This team and fan base should take this serious ! Next time game day is here , let the babbling bafoons sit on Bowman by themselves !
Old 10-04-2016, 06:01 AM
Travel Team

Default Re: Total ESPN disrespect on Monday !

+1. Don't think Dabo doesn't use it to our advantage, but you're 100% correct.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:17 AM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

It's mind boggling to me too.

Which QB, marched down the field, behind on the scoreboard in the 4th, and executed a win? DW4
Old 10-04-2016, 07:36 AM
NFL Tiger

Some people are just too touchy . I'm laughing my butt off at the network that predicted the death of the ACC just a few years ago, even went so far as bringing out the ACC Wheel of Destiny , now pimping that 2 teams from the little Ole conference that wouldn't die to be the ones to get 2 teams in the Playoff.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:39 AM
Tiger Starter

They do what they think people want to hear. Lamar Jackson has the hot name right now, so they're going to ride that wave. So many people who don't follow football closely were going "Oh wow! That Louisville guy is the best player in football." ESPN has turned into the Casual Fan Network. It's designed to only get people up to speed who don't really know what's going on. People who understand sports and know what is really happening don't go to ESPN for their information.

Simply put, they're just promoting another thing they think will sell ad revenue.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:49 AM
Two Deep

I understand the love fest with Jackson. I still think he is the above the rest in the Heisman race. I still don't get the lack of respect Clemson is getting for this win. When it matter with 7 minutes to go this team stepped up. Both offense and defense. Clemson played a B or B- game and still won. Only thing I know to do is at this point just keep winning and winning big. I will say that we didn't have the best start to the season but we have got to build of this win. Just win and what do they say then?
Old 10-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Charter Member - Clemson Insider

DVM......you said it yourself

without him Louisville is very ordinary .
Old 10-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Travel Team

They were not talking about Clemson as much because they were saying Clemson finally played like they expected us to play. What surprised them is
how well Louisville played. This is how they gave us their respect. Now they are saying the ACC may get two teams in the playoffs. So technically,their talking about how well they played only shows how much better we played to beat them!
Old 10-04-2016, 06:20 PM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by txprapes View Post
I understand the love fest with Jackson. I still think he is the above the rest in the Heisman race. I still don't get the lack of respect Clemson is getting for this win. When it matter with 7 minutes to go this team stepped up. Both offense and defense. Clemson played a B or B- game and still won. Only thing I know to do is at this point just keep winning and winning big. I will say that we didn't have the best start to the season but we have got to build of this win. Just win and what do they say then?
+1
Old 10-04-2016, 06:21 PM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcb1 View Post
They were not talking about Clemson as much because they were saying Clemson finally played like they expected us to play. What surprised them is
how well Louisville played. This is how they gave us their respect. Now they are saying the ACC may get two teams in the playoffs. So technically,their talking about how well they played only shows how much better we played to beat them!
Very good point.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:06 PM
Tiger Starter

If ESPN was promoting him as the best player in college football, I would not have a problem with that. He is an outstanding player, and it is hard to argue that anyone else in college football has played as well this season. However, what I do have a problem with is him being the leader in the Heisman race when that award is not given to the best player. Over the past 30+ years, it has not been about the best player, but about the best player on the best team. That is why Henry from Alabama won it last year.

So if we are redefining the criteria for the Heisman, fine. If it is truly about who the best player in college football is, then I will agree that Lamar Jackson should be #1. But if it is about the best player on the best team, then he is way down the list at this point because his team is a longshot to win their division, much less their conference.

And despite what ESPN says, I do not think Louisville will be one of the four playoff teams.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Total ESPN disrespect on Monday !

I watched two shows on the ESPN networks, College Football Live and Championship Drive, last night. The folks on there were complimentary. Paul Feinbaum had nice things to say.