Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2021, 08:19 AM
TCI Staff

Default Watson loses major sponsor over allegations

https://theclemsoninsider.com/2021/0...r-allegations/
Old 04-07-2021, 01:32 PM
NFL Tiger

Default Re: Watson loses major sponsor over allegations

Yet they fully endorse Kapernick and all his divisive BS and have zero problems producing sneakers with satanic symbols. Had two pair of Nike's and they both sucked. Garbage shoes, Garbage company. Guilty Until Proven Innocent.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:42 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllOrange67 View Post
Yet they fully endorse Kapernick and all his divisive BS and have zero problems producing sneakers with satanic symbols. Had two pair of Nike's and they both sucked. Garbage shoes, Garbage company. Guilty Until Proven Innocent.

Nike had nothing to do with the satan shoes. Nike also has simply suspended the endorsement.

You said guilty until proven innocent, but this isn't one case. Nike (and Beats) should be putting some distance while waiting for the cases to play out.
Old 04-07-2021, 01:53 PM
Tiger Starter

There is a HUGE difference.

Kaepernick may have done something f you didnít like, but it wasnít illegal.

What Watson is being accused of is very much illegal.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:10 PM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos View Post

It is hard to argue. I understand the business side of it.
Old 04-08-2021, 05:44 PM
Clemson Insider - 2010 March Madness Champ

Accused and guilty are 2 completely different things. Just saying. Unless we have changed our core values in this Nation and truly gone back to Emmit Till days. There I said it.

I pray none of this is true, but Deshaun deserves a day IN COURT.. Not click bait and not the court of social media.

If he is PROVEN to be guilty then he should and will suffer the consequences. But BY GOD not before.
Old 04-08-2021, 08:23 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarb1991 View Post
Accused and guilty are 2 completely different things. Just saying. Unless we have changed our core values in this Nation and truly gone back to Emmit Till days. There I said it.

I pray none of this is true, but Deshaun deserves a day IN COURT.. Not click bait and not the court of social media.

If he is PROVEN to be guilty then he should and will suffer the consequences. But BY GOD not before.
Barb, I hope to meet you one day. You really seem to have a level head and actually apply some logic and reasoning to various issues. 😊

Unfortunately, Iíve read way too many people either say ďheís accused by X number, so he is guiltyĒ OR ďwith this much smoke, thereís fire, so heís done SOMETHING.Ē

Basically, if enough people accuse someone of anything, then said person is guilty. Such a sad state of our society in general. 😔

Please, please let the process play out BEFORE passing judgment.

Iím not saying DW is innocent or guilty, but simply allow due process to be applied.

If DW is eventually proven guilty, then Iíll be the first in line to completely castigate him.

Go Tigers

PS unfortunately even if innocent, I believe DWís reputation may be tarnished by many
Old 04-09-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan4jc View Post
Barb, I hope to meet you one day. You really seem to have a level head and actually apply some logic and reasoning to various issues. 😊

Unfortunately, Iíve read way too many people either say ďheís accused by X number, so he is guiltyĒ OR ďwith this much smoke, thereís fire, so heís done SOMETHING.Ē

Basically, if enough people accuse someone of anything, then said person is guilty. Such a sad state of our society in general. 😔

Please, please let the process play out BEFORE passing judgment.

Iím not saying DW is innocent or guilty, but simply allow due process to be applied.

If DW is eventually proven guilty, then Iíll be the first in line to completely castigate him.

Go Tigers

PS unfortunately even if innocent, I believe DWís reputation may be tarnished by many
Back at you Jonathan and your last sentence is what is so tragic if he is proven to be innocent. His "rep" is changed forever.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:28 PM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubarb1991 View Post

God doesnít run the judicial system in this country.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:21 PM
NFL Tiger

There's obviously way too much "he said, she said" out there. And with information flowing so swiftly, fact or fiction, people are going to judge without all the facts.

IMO, the sponsors really have no choice but to suspend a deal based on the information that they have. If a million people believe that he's guilty then a million people might not buy their products. And IMO it'd be great to just suspend the deal but if/when he is found not guilty, then he might be entitled to the deal continuing and any back back pay. To add to that, the falsely accused should have a right to counter sue. Although usually the original accuser probably would not have the amount of money to cover all the damages. And that leads me to the fact that it's really a broken system. There's really no way to make things right after one is falsely accused in most cases. That's why, unfortunately, people with a lost to lose have to be extra careful in what they do. It does raise flags that anyone would have so many massage therapists. And that is apparently one of those professions that many have used as a kind of prostitution front. IMO, this will probably blow over one day as it did with Kraft, Big Ben, etc. What pisses me off is that sleazy atty Buzzby. Just appears to be slimy.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:14 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMITH2554 View Post
There's obviously way too much "he said, she said" out there. And with information flowing so swiftly, fact or fiction, people are going to judge without all the facts.

IMO, the sponsors really have no choice but to suspend a deal based on the information that they have. If a million people believe that he's guilty then a million people might not buy their products. And IMO it'd be great to just suspend the deal but if/when he is found not guilty, then he might be entitled to the deal continuing and any back back pay. To add to that, the falsely accused should have a right to counter sue. Although usually the original accuser probably would not have the amount of money to cover all the damages. And that leads me to the fact that it's really a broken system. There's really no way to make things right after one is falsely accused in most cases. That's why, unfortunately, people with a lost to lose have to be extra careful in what they do. It does raise flags that anyone would have so many massage therapists. And that is apparently one of those professions that many have used as a kind of prostitution front. IMO, this will probably blow over one day as it did with Kraft, Big Ben, etc.
True.... but alsoó he has 18 other massage therapists saying he behaved appropriately.... so the large total number isnít necessarily indicative of anything.

Quote:
What pisses me off is that sleazy atty Buzzby. Just appears to be slimy.
Yep. And it seems like he has the accusers acting like slime balls as well, spreading on the drama as thick as possible and even lying. Any compassion I may have felt for them if they truly are victims has flown out the window, as theyíve gone from potential victims to predators.
Old 04-09-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goindownsouth View Post
God doesn’t run the judicial system in this country.
That's what you construed from my point? It's a SOUTHERN PHRASE. Should I apologize to you "goingdownsouth" for using the wrong euphemism for your taste? Maybe your handle is offensive if you don't get "for the love of God" being a southern phrase often used in conversational speech?!?!?

Counteract my OBVIOUS POINT or BUH BYE.
Old 04-11-2021, 07:37 AM
TCI Staff

Let's be nice to each other folks. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2021, 07:47 AM
Way2tall

Iíve been really sad for Deshaun in this. I think he should have controlled his urges for sure. It is he all said/she said at this point but, even if it isnít criminal, he was foolish to act as he did. He screwed up.
But I honestly have to wonder what or who is behind this. Buzbee, for sure, is a glory seeker. And Iím not disparaging the ones who made the allegations. But I have to wonder why this came out like this now? In this way? Right when he has stood up to the Texans and made them look bad by demanding a trade. Coincidence? Maybe. But when you embarrass powerful people sometimes you pay a price.
Old 04-13-2021, 06:59 AM
TCI Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by talltiger83 View Post
Iíve been really sad for Deshaun in this. I think he should have controlled his urges for sure. It is he all said/she said at this point but, even if it isnít criminal, he was foolish to act as he did. He screwed up.
But I honestly have to wonder what or who is behind this. Buzbee, for sure, is a glory seeker. And Iím not disparaging the ones who made the allegations. But I have to wonder why this came out like this now? In this way? Right when he has stood up to the Texans and made them look bad by demanding a trade. Coincidence? Maybe. But when you embarrass powerful people sometimes you pay a price.
This is the number one thing. He should have never put himself in these positions. He made some bad choices. And he has no one to blame but himself in that regard.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:08 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos View Post

This is where I have the problem. IF he is guilty then by all means he should lose all his endorsements and be punished severely. Being punished BEFORE he is proven guilty is my issue. I can accuse you of anything even if I've never met you and you can be punished for it now. That's not how America should work.