Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > All Welcome > Joe's Place
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2009, 10:06 PM
Clemson Insider

Default Anybody watching the World Baseball Classic

I have been really impressed and excited about the WBC this year. Team USA seems to be alot of great character guys and THEY CAN PLAY. Jimmy Rollins has been awesome at the shortstop position and I believe he is becoming the best shortstop in the game.

I have enjoyed watching the other nations as well. The Netherlands upset of The Dominican Republic on Saturday was awesome to watch.

Anybody else watching???
Old 03-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Scholarship Player

I'm watching. Really, I don't know why this isn't a bigger deal than it is. Team USA is solid, I just wish we could see this tournament if the players were in "in season shape". Unfortunately, that isn't going to happen. But its still fun to see Chipper, Jeter, Peavy, Oswalt, Pedroia, McCann, Youkalis, Dunn, etc on the same team.

Rollins is a great SS. His arm is one of the best in the game. Also, the C for the Rockies, Ianetta, is a great up and coming player.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Clemson Insider

USA is well on their way to the second roun d next week in Miami,Fl. Looks like this team has a real shot to win it all this year!!!
Old 03-08-2009, 10:46 PM
Charter Member - Clemson Insider

I think PRO baseball has the ame effect on me that pro basket ball has....

WAY TOO many games for me to get "into" either until the playoffs

Football and Nascar have it figured out

And College Basketball is about just right as far as games...
Old 03-09-2009, 08:37 PM
Clemson Insider

I don't think football has any choice. Their bodies would be completely broken with longer seasons. I would argue that NASCAR is way too long!!! February to November!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
Charter Member - Clemson Insider

Send a message via Yahoo to jonga

Anyone have a "yamning emoticon"??? Bring on some college football, year round would work for me....Tiger Baseball is all I care to watch anymore. Pro's are not doing themselves any favors here as of late.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:12 PM
Scholarship Player

MLB has given itself a huge black eye, no doubt. However, if you want to see the good guys of the game, guys who have done it right, then watch this World Baseball Classic. Team USA, as HistoryBuff has noted, is full of character guys.

Its unfortunate, really, that the steroid scandal is continuing to remain so relevant while the game is full of exciting young players. There is more talent in MLB now than ever before, and its not steroid fueled. Fewer HRs are being hit and teams are more competitive than any time in recent history.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:06 PM
Clemson Insider

There are so many guys like the ones on Team USA this year that nobody ever talks about. It's just 24 hours of Barry Bonds. Hell even the congress would rather do a hearing on steriod laden baseball players than fix our broken economy!!!