Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2015, 01:57 PM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Default Jordan Bruner update

I have confirmed that the 2016 PF from Columbia-Spring Valley is down to Clemson and Yale.

Bruner has already taken his official visit to Yale and will be in Clemson next weekend for the Notre Dame game. Bruner was originally scheduled to be on campus the weekend of the Georgia Tech game.

Rivals rates Bruner as a 4-star and ranks him as the No. 112 overall prospect in the country.

e-mail: hale@theclemsoninsider.com
Old 09-23-2015, 03:02 PM
Two Deep

Default Re: Jordan Bruner update

After what happened with Jenkins, would it surprise you if he picked Yale, Hale? What are you hearing?

No offense to Bruner if he wants that Ivy League education, but would be very frustrating losing your top two targets who are from your state to non power league schools.
Old 09-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemhick77 View Post
After what happened with Jenkins, would it surprise you if he picked Yale, Hale? What are you hearing?

No offense to Bruner if he wants that Ivy League education, but would be very frustrating losing your top two targets who are from your state to non power league schools.
I'd be very surprised if he picked Yale over Clemson.

e-mail: hale@theclemsoninsider.com
Old 09-23-2015, 10:25 PM
Tiger Starter

I like our chances here. I find it interesting that he is considering Yale so strongly, given the fact that they have no athletic scholarships and a much lower level of competition. It's obviously a great school, and would prepare him well for life after college. But if basketball is a priority to him along with academics, I can't imagine why he wouldn't choose Clemson which is a best of both worlds scenario.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:17 PM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Keller View Post
I like our chances here. I find it interesting that he is considering Yale so strongly, given the fact that they have no athletic scholarships and a much lower level of competition. It's obviously a great school, and would prepare him well for life after college. But if basketball is a priority to him along with academics, I can't imagine why he wouldn't choose Clemson which is a best of both worlds scenario.
Yale may be the place to go if he is not 110% on basketball. Basketball can help get him into Yale, but I believe with their scholarships being very generously base on need, he could drop out of basketball and stay on scholarship. I do not know his academic status, but he may not be able to get in Yale based only on academics and without basketball.