Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2018, 07:55 AM
Publisher, Recruiting Editor

Default Could BC finish second in the Atlantic

They looked pretty good last night.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:20 AM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: Could BC finish second in the Atlantic

BC could win the division if we crap the bed in Chestnut Hills
Old 09-14-2018, 08:30 AM
Ring of Honor

In some ways they looked like a different BC team. D line started off in cement shoes but recovered. They actually played air ball somewhat, too. Brown isn't probably going to look as good when they play VT, but he is certainly building up stats so far this year. So they aren't as reliant on Dillon as I thought they might be. Although he is still a load for any defense and half of their offense almost.

I would say there is a 50/50 chance they beat FSU this year, so there is a decent chance they finish 2nd. Unless Adazzio blows it, I don't see them losing to the Pack or L'ville this time around. Anything can happen, though.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:50 AM
NFL Tiger

Sure they seem like a decent team. Most people expected them to be a good team and with FSU really looking bad so far thye could easily end up second. Still with the talent at FSU, I would not rule them out just yet. Also after TAMU and Cuse and Pitt Clemson should never take any team other than FCS for granted.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:36 AM
NFL Tiger

I believe you asked who we thought was the second best team in the ACC in July and to the staff's disbelief several of the older posters said BC. That was easy to see with the experience, coaching and talent that BC has assembled for this year. Hopefully Clemson will be up for the challenge and be healthy when this game comes around. I expect Clemson to win but this game could be a war.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:10 AM
Ring of Honor

They probably should, but they still lack in some areas. They gave up 500 yards....and Wake wasnt very good on offense. Special teams wasnt great either.

They shouldn't be a real threat to us, but again...can we get the offense going is the question.

I do like BC for second though. Wouldn't be shocked if they lost a few games though. Miami can beat them, so can FSU....as bad as both looked. I hope they win a ton though and are ranked when we play them.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Ring of Honor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsonfan1364 View Post
They probably should, but they still lack in some areas. They gave up 500 yards....and Wake wasnt very good on offense. Special teams wasnt great either.

They shouldn't be a real threat to us, but again...can we get the offense going is the question.

I do like BC for second though. Wouldn't be shocked if they lost a few games though. Miami can beat them, so can FSU....as bad as both looked. I hope they win a ton though and are ranked when we play them.
I'm giving them a Mulligan for having started the season nearly on cruise control. This was the first game where the opponent was even close to a challenge. They looked lazy and sloppy for most of the first half maybe for that reason. The second half they certainly were more in the bend but not break mode. Right now they are a better team than FSU mainly because their offense is more cohesive. IF, that's a big IF, Taggart can get something going on offense then I would put my money on FSU.

Right now though BC looks better even though far from polished. They need to cruise through the next 2 games and play solid in Raleigh.

Is it usual for them to have so many early games outside of the ACC? Seems weird.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:04 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynolds View Post
I believe you asked who we thought was the second best team in the ACC in July and to the staff's disbelief several of the older posters said BC. That was easy to see with the experience, coaching and talent that BC has assembled for this year. Hopefully Clemson will be up for the challenge and be healthy when this game comes around. I expect Clemson to win but this game could be a war.
^^^ Somebody was paying attention ^^^

BC vs NCSU is the game for 2nd place, assuming we don't implode up North
Old 09-14-2018, 01:56 PM
TCI Staff

I definitely think they could if FSU doesn't get things turned around. BC has a bunch of athletes. AJ Dillon and Anthony Brown are studs and they have other weapons on offense, and they're always physical on both sides of the ball. Clemson will have to come to play to beat the Eagles on the road. That should be a slobber knocker.
Old 09-14-2018, 02:47 PM
The Gambler - Charter Member - Clemson Insider - Gate Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynolds View Post
as another older poster who also claimed BC was second best I say to you, "High Five!"

I even predicted FSU to come in 5th in the Atlantic although I might have given them too much credit.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:45 PM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezmrin View Post
as another older poster who also claimed BC was second best I say to you, "High Five!"

I even predicted FSU to come in 5th in the Atlantic although I might have given them too much credit.

I thought that the two States would finished tied for third but you may be right. FSU is not very good. They remind me of the Clemson teams after hatfield got through destroying the program. WF may end up third.