Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2021, 01:05 PM
TCI Staff

Default What are the chances

in your opinion, that DJ wins the Heisman this season?
Old 05-04-2021, 02:43 PM
Tiger Starter

Default Re: What are the chances

I think that it's actually a real possibility due to the lack of backup talent. DJ will be playing a ton and is big enough to hold up to it. With that said, I honestly don't care about the trophy, just bring home the National Championship.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:08 PM
Two Deep

I think it’s actually kinda low because he’s gonna come into the season highly regarded. It doesn’t matter how good of a year you have, it seems like you need to be a surprise to win the Heisman. It’s like winning coach of the year. Dabo or Saban could go 15-0 but the coach of the year award is gonna go to the coach of an 8-5 team that was picked to finish 4th in their division.

Last edited by geech72; 05-04-2021 at 05:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2021, 05:31 PM
Ring of Honor

Might be pretty good. Our strength is on the outside this year. Ladson, Ngata, Ladson, William's, Allen, Galloway...lots of weapons in the passing game. RB is going to be by committee and the oline isnt going to be dominant enough to be run heavy. I think we'll have to throw a lot more too because we're very limited if something happens to DJ....so, not a lot of QB run imo.

We have a very high profile game with UGA too. If he turns in a big performance there....the hype will be on.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:00 PM
NFL Tiger

I think it depends how well Oklahoma does. They should have Rattler putting up gaudy numbers just like many of their QBs do. Of course B young will get the benefit of being on Bama's team.

CU OL will have to give him enough time to throw the ball, the WRs will have to get open, and most importantly CTE will have to have great game plans that keeps Ds off balance.

Right now, I'd say about 25% chance.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:48 AM
Founder/Publisher

I think DJ definitely has a chance because the offense will depend much more on the passing game this year and the WRs will be much better overall.
Old 05-05-2021, 08:43 AM
Ring of Honor

I predict by November we will come back to the realization that a Clemson player will not win the Heisman due to several factors working in combination. Regional and national voting bias, Clemson’s playing time policy, and soft schedule during the critical mid September to late October stretch.