Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Default 2015 big man Legend Robertin commits to Clemson

The 2015 center from Chipola CC in Flordia has committed to Clemson. He chose Clemson over Pitt and O.K. State and will have three years of eligibility remaining.

Last edited by Hale McGranahan; 10-21-2014 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 02:46 PM
Travel Team

Default Re: Legend Robertin to Clemson

Awesome news! Hale, he hasn't been on campus yet right? Extrodinary if not. Richie Riley from what I understand does it again. That hire was awesome. Next up Recruiting had him ranked #11 in top 50 Jucos. Check out highlights at 1 minute mark. Athletic upside like Nnoko and Djitte.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fq9gIPtOW5E

Last edited by clemhick77; 10-21-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 03:38 PM
NFL Tiger

Robert or Hale given that Legend is a JUCO and all the issues Clemson has recruiting JUCOs especially in football, have the climate and rules changed at Clemson or this a unique situation that just fits? Oh by the way that is a great name and marketing tool if this guy does well!
Old 10-21-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemhick77 View Post
Awesome news! Hale, he hasn't been on campus yet right? Extrodinary if not. Richie Riley from what I understand does it again. That hire was awesome. Next up Recruiting had him ranked #11 in top 50 Jucos. Check out highlights at 1 minute mark. Athletic upside like Nnoko and Djitte.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fq9gIPtOW5E
Robertin is indeed a Riley guy. It's my understanding that Riley has some strong connections along the Florida panhandle, so that played a significant part in Clemson being able to land Robertin.

We noted in a couple of different Insider Reports that Riley had been down to see Robertin a couple of times since arriving to Clemson.

Also, Brownell is from the same town in Indiana as Robertin's coach, Patrick Blake, so that helped things out, too.

In terms of athleticism and ability to run the floor, I would say he's probably closer to Nnoko than Djitt. The way Clemson has developed Nnoko is a third variable that worked in Clemson's favor.

If Robertin matches the work ethic we've seen from Nnoko, I suspect you'll be looking at a guy who will be very similar, in terms of production. Like Nnoko and Djitte, Robertin needs to polish his offensive game, but he's got the size, body and willingness to be a force in front of the rim on the defensive end.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitiger View Post
Robert or Hale given that Legend is a JUCO and all the issues Clemson has recruiting JUCOs especially in football, have the climate and rules changed at Clemson or this a unique situation that just fits? Oh by the way that is a great name and marketing tool if this guy does well!
Though I'm not sure of Robertin's academic situation/background, the answer to your question is yes. Starting this in the fall of 2013 or 2014 -- I can't remember which one exactly -- Clemson has added a block of majors that will allow for the athletic teams to have a better chance at getting junior college players into school.

Here's a little bit of info on the academic changes by the university -- LINK