Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > The Rock
Register Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2019, 04:19 PM
TCI Staff

Default Brownell: 'It's a long hard year in the ACC'

article
Old 01-12-2019, 05:02 PM
Travel Team

Default Re: Brownell: 'It's a long hard year in the ACC'

Itís also another long inconsistent year under Brad Brownell...
Old 01-13-2019, 11:34 AM
Travel Team

It's getting very old to keep saying... But wait, reinforcements are on the way.

That ranks right up there with "there's always next year".
Old 01-13-2019, 12:32 PM
Ring of Honor

Post Re: Brownell: 'It's a long hard year in the ACC'

The Tigers simply have to win games against unranked numbers. Unfortunately, there are lots of ranked teams in the ACC.
Old 01-13-2019, 07:36 PM
Tiger Starter

The Brownell era of Clemson BBall will confuse future generations. He will end up with nearly all the coaching records, but all anyone will remember is how little success was achieved and apparently how happy the fan base was to see his tenure come to an end.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:57 AM
NFL Tiger

Saturday was my first time in the "new Littlejohn" and the team's performance was just disappointing. We had a chance there at the beginning of the 2nd half to take a lead and dig in to at least make it a game. But, good Lord, our guys couldn't hit the broad side of the barn and UVA looked like they couldn't miss there for a while. If I was CBB, I would've been totally embarrassed by that performance. I realize UVA is a really good, highly ranked team, but LJC was rocking and rolling! The football parade crowd excitement spilled into that place and the atmosphere was set up perfectly for the upset. But, nope, the determination and heart just wasn't there, from what I could see. CBB can't hang his hat on last year's sweet 16 appearance forever. We need some consistency in the bball program and although I like the guy, I'm just not 100% sold on him being the guy... and I've said this in past years as well, hoping that last year he had turned the corner.
Old 01-14-2019, 09:46 AM
Two Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walhalla2Atlanta View Post
We had a chance there at the beginning of the 2nd half to take a lead and dig in to at least make it a game. But, good Lord, our guys couldn't hit the broad side of the barn...
Yeah, when we missed the 3 ball to take the lead, I knew that was the turning point where we'd end up losing. Make that basket and you ignite the crowd and add energy and start making shots and maybe have a chance at winning. Miss it like we did and it was just deflating. We got so close and then wiffed.

Virginia's too good of a team to win against if you have a bad shooting day. They defend too well, so if you can't make the clean shots you manage to get, the defended shots aren't going to go in either, and that's not a good recipe for success.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:03 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcrisler View Post
Yeah, when we missed the 3 ball to take the lead, I knew that was the turning point where we'd end up losing. Make that basket and you ignite the crowd and add energy and start making shots and maybe have a chance at winning. Miss it like we did and it was just deflating. We got so close and then wiffed.

Virginia's too good of a team to win against if you have a bad shooting day. They defend too well, so if you can't make the clean shots you manage to get, the defended shots aren't going to go in either, and that's not a good recipe for success.
Our shooting this year has been very disappointing. I knew losing DeVoe was a big loss, but I expected Reed, Mitchell, and hopefully Simms and Skara as well to shoot the ball well. Our three point percentage as a team is much worse than it was last year, and I'm not sure why. Mitchell especially has shot the ball really poorly all season.

As you said, bad shooting is even more amplified against a team like UVA.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:11 AM
NFL Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Keller View Post
Our shooting this year has been very disappointing. I knew losing DeVoe was a big loss, but I expected Reed, Mitchell, and hopefully Simms and Skara as well to shoot the ball well. Our three point percentage as a team is much worse than it was last year, and I'm not sure why. Mitchell especially has shot the ball really poorly all season.

As you said, bad shooting is even more amplified against a team like UVA.

The sad thing is, shooting can be improved through practice - lots or repetition, correcting shot form, developing rhythms (off the bounce, off the pass). If these guys are not getting better, and maybe even digressing, after being in the program for 2, 3, some 4 years, what does that say about the program? What does that say about the head coach? It's certainly disappointing.