Clemson Insider Logo

Go Back   The Clemson Insider Forums > Clemson Fans Only - FREE - Register Today > All In Recruiting
Chat FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2015, 06:48 PM
Former TCI Staff/Went to Dark Side

Default I've been in contact with Zerrick Cooper

Cooper agreed to do the interview with me, but said he did not want it to be about Florida, which hosted him for a visit on Friday and Saturday. Here's what I learned from our conversation:

-The commitment to Clemson is still "100" percent.

-Clemson quarterbacks coach Brandon Streeter spoke with Cooper after the trip to Florida.

-Cooper is undecided on whether or not he will return to Florida or visit any other schools (other than Clemson).

-He will "probably" visit Clemson again before his first day of school, which is Aug. 10.

e-mail: hale@theclemsoninsider.com
Old 07-26-2015, 08:02 PM
Scholarship Player

Default Re: I've been in contact with Zerrick Cooper

'Maybe it's just me but saying he does not know if he is going to revisit Fl or another school does not sound like he is definitely committed to Clemson.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:17 PM
Scholarship Player

We are fine with him and Feaster. These kids are just enjoying the extra love these other schools are giving them. Shoot, if I was a big time recruit, I'd take a visit or 2 as well. Just to say I did it.
Old 07-26-2015, 08:44 PM
Founder/Publisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autiger View Post
We are fine with him and Feaster. These kids are just enjoying the extra love these other schools are giving them. Shoot, if I was a big time recruit, I'd take a visit or 2 as well. Just to say I did it.
Much more to it than that
Old 07-26-2015, 09:29 PM
Scholarship Player

Still believe we are fine with both. One thing with Feaster is he hasn't been able to make it to Clemson for any of the main events due to scheduling conflicts. Once he gets back around, we will be fine.
Old 07-26-2015, 09:38 PM
Scholarship Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Thorne MacRae View Post
Much more to it than that
OK. Well??
Old 07-27-2015, 05:30 AM
NFL Tiger

They are obviously looking when Feaster says Tennessee definitely gave him something to think about and he really enjoyed himself then the visit was more than just taking a trip to another school. Cooper told TCI he wasn't going to Florida and then he went so there is obviously some mutual interest there. Its not fair to put Clemson in that situation especially if you say you're committed. Clemson is taking only 1 RB and 1 QB so if your not committed then step up and say it don't tie Clemson's hands together if you love Clemson the way both these guys have said they do. Trust me I know these guys are young and only go through the process once but at the age of 17 and 18 you are more than old enough to know what a commitment should mean and we have too many examples of kids who have been 100% committed and have shut it down after committing so its not just because they're young. We'll find out soon because I think these committed early enrollees can sign a FA in August so we will see if these guys sign one and then after they do whether the coaches are willing to talk about them. If the recruits sign a FA then a coach talks about them and the recruit doesn't sign with that school but a different one then its a recruiting violation so we'll see pretty soon how the coaches feel about them. The NCAA needs to change that rule anyways....
Old 07-27-2015, 07:55 AM
MR Perfidity - Clemson Insider

The way the FA works at present can be considered a "sting" operation. It's a perfect example of the stupidity that reigns in the NCAA. Why should a coach be penalized if he is allowed to talk abnout a commit and then the commit signs with another school? This is another example why we need an early signing period for football.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:41 AM
NFL Tiger

Its a bit disconcerting but that's the way its played. You cant be 100% committed and go look elsewhere. Its a two way street. Didn't Clemson recently offer a 4* QB from Grayson. While he looks pretty good he's not DW good yet so let him look but if he looks more...
Old 07-27-2015, 03:02 PM
Tiger Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autiger View Post
shoot if i was a big time recruit i would not make a commitment until i was sure of it-if i wanted to visit other skools then i would not commit-and by the way this kid has every right to visit other skools